What to put under treadmill on hardwood floor?
This is a question that a lot of treadmill owners who have a hardwood floor installed often ask.
You’re asking this after recently purchasing a treadmill and innocently placed it on your bare hardwood floor.
You had no idea the damage this heavy workout machine could cause your beautiful hardwood floors.
You’re not alone.
Will a Treadmill Damage Hardwood Floors?
The sad fact is that a treadmill will certainly damage your hardwood floors.
Treadmills are typically heavy.
The weight of this machine can make some deep indentations on your hardwood floors, carpet, and other wood floors.
When you add your own weight and the impact of running, your beautiful and expensive hardwood floor becomes even more susceptible to damage.
The good news is that you can protect your hardwood flooring by placing a high-quality, sturdy, and durable treadmill mat.
I am going to recommend the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat.
This is the treadmill mat I currently use on my floor and I can attest to the fact that it does really protect your floor against treadmill damage.
Why Do I Recommend the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat
Like I’ve stated earlier, this is the mat I use on my treadmill.
I also purchased an extra one for my exercise bike.
These two exercise machines are quite heavy and can therefore cause permanent damage on your hardwood floors.
In addition to protecting your floors, this mat actually absorbs all the pounding noise.
If you live in a second, third, of fifth floor apartment, you’ll never have to worry about getting into fights with your neighbors because of the pounding.
That said, I am going to list down all the things I absolutely love about the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat
Also Read; Are Waterhog Mats Safe for Hardwood Floors?
Things I Love About the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat
- It’s a high-density mat that does a really great job protecting your hardwood floor and carpet from the damaging effects of your heavy treadmill
- This mat also absorbs all the vibrations produced by the treadmill while in operation as well as the pounding while running on it
- The mat doesn’t just protect your hardwood floor- it also protects the treadmill itself by absorbing the vibrations and protecting it from wear and tear
- Since it absorbs noise effectively, you don’t have to worry about annoying your neighbors below
- It a non-slip treadmill- It prevents the treadmill from sliding and moving around while running thanks to its rough patterns on both sides
- Its dimensions are large enough to accommodate most treadmills as well as other heavy exercise equipments
- As a high-quality treadmill mat that is constructed with premium grade high-density material, this mat will last a very long time
- You can also purchase an extra one for use as a yoga or exercise mat
- Its moisture-resistant- this means it won’t grow mold or mildew that may cause it to rot
- The fact that its moisture-resistant also makes it extremely easy to clean with just soap and water, plus it dries really fast
- There are two sizes to choose from- just choose the size that best fits your treadmill
- This mat won’t bleed on your hardwood floors or carpet. You don’t have to worry about your beautiful floors or carpet getting a permanent discoloration
- You can use it on any flooring
- You can also use it for jumping rope
- It lays completely flat- no curling
- It’s quite thick
- It’s also quite affordable and a good value for your money
Also Read; Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?
What I Don’t Like About the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat
I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about this mat’s quality, performance, and even affordability.
However, I do have a tiny bit of an issue with it.
This mat is only available in one color- Black.
Obviously, this is not a big issue as most treadmills are black and this mat will therefore be a great match.
However, some people, including me, would really appreciate having a few more vibrant colors to choose from.
Otherwise, in terms of quality, durability, ease of maintenance and all, the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat is just superb.
Where to Buy the BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat
The BalanceFrom GoFit High Density Treadmill Mat is currently one of the best-selling treadmill mats on Amazon right now.
It has a pretty high rating and lots of positive customer reviews.
You’ll get to read about all the good things customers have to say about it.
It’s also quite budget-friendly when you purchase it over there.
For these reasons, I totally recommend purchasing it directly on Amazon.
Also Read; Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
Is This Treadmill Mat Really Safe for Hardwood Floors?
Like I stated earlier, this mat acts as a cushioning between your treadmill and hardwood flooring.
It’s designed to withstand heavy treadmill machines and protect sensitive flooring as well as carpets.
So if you’re wondering whether this treadmill mat is really safe, I am here to assure you that it’s perfectly safe.
Does this Treadmill Reduce Noise?
By placing this mat underneath your treadmill machine, the noise from the treadmill vibrations and running noises will be significantly reduced.
It’s made of high-quality rubber that greatly reduces impact and vibrations.
Will this Treadmill Damage my Hardwood Floor?
A treadmill will certainly damage your hardwood floor.
There is no doubt about it.
That’s why it’s extremely important that you place a high-density treadmill mat beneath it.
It will cushion and protect both your floor and equipment from damage.
What to Put Under Treadmill on Hardwood Floor?- Bottom Line
Treadmills are some pretty heavy exercise equipment.
The weight of these machines can make some deep indentations on your wood floor or carpet.
Treadmills can actually wear and tear your vinyl flooring pretty quickly.
You definitely don’t want that.
Hardwood floors are very expensive to install.
Placing a treadmill mat underneath your machine will save you a lot more money in the long run.
Hopefully, I’ve answered your question about what to put under treadmill on hardwood floor.
Go ahead and enjoy your workouts without worrying about your beautiful hardwood floors.