What to put under dog crate to protect carpet?
I asked myself this question several times right after I purchased a high-quality dog crate for my Labrador retriever.
You see, the dog crate was really getting some ugly dents since the crates itself was very heavy and when you add the weight of my dog, my carpet was literally breaking down.
I also can’t forget to mention how my dog’s urine ended up further ruining my carpet.
It took me some time to get the stains and the odor out.
That’s exactly why I decided to get two things that I can proudly say helped save my beautiful carpet;
- One, the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad
In this article, I am going to tell you exactly why you should consider getting these two items in order to protect your beautiful carpet.
What to Put Under Dog Crate to Protect Carpet
Like I stated earlier, I totally recommend placing a cage pan under your dog crate in order to protect your carpet against damage and dog urine.
I have also recommended using a dog pad which will hold your dog’s urine as well as poop instead of letting it spill on and stain your carpet.
NB: The Midwest Homes for Pets Replacement Pan for Midwest Dog Crate from Midwest Homes for Pets is specifically designed for Midwest Homes for Pets dog crates. I bought this specific model so it fits perfectly on my dog’s crate.
If you don’t yet have a dog crate, I suggest going for this one right here from the Midwest Homes for Pets;
Why Do I Recommend the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad?
There are so many reasons why you should consider getting this cage mat. I have listed them all below;
- This dog pad protect your carpet and floors from scratches or messes
- Its super-absorbent and will therefore absorb any water splash or slop, spills, urine, food, as well as accidents
- By absorbing spills, it keeps the area clean and dry, thus keeping your furry friend comfortable
- It acts as a great hardwood floor protector by protecting it from discoloration, mold, and even mildew growth
- You can also use this dog pad to protect your car seat from messes while riding with your dog
- It also doubles as a super comfortable pet bed for your dog’s crate or kennel
- The design of this mat makes it ideal for various crate or kennel sizes
- It’s designed to fit perfectly in various dog crates or kennel sizes
- Since its non-slip, it won’t cause your dog’s crate to slide
- It’s also available in various designs so you can select one that will match your room décor
- The mat is easy to clean and dries really fast
- It’s also machine washable
- It’s a lightweight yet highly durable mat
- Its non-toxic- completely safe for your dog
- Its large enough to cover the entire surface of the crate
- It won’t curl at the edges
- It won’t wear or tear any time soon
- Its made of tough polyester material so you dog won’t be able to chew it
NB: Avoid using bleach or fabric softener on this cage mat. Also, avoid using hot water. It can only be washed with cold water.
Where to Buy this Dog Pad?
I recommend buying the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad directly on Amazon.
I found it to be much cheaper compared to most online retailers I tried.
Also, it can be quite expensive locally, not to mention somehow hard to find.
Purchasing it on Amazon is a guarantee you’re only purchasing it from a reputable seller or even directly from the manufacturer.
Buying it on Amazon also protects you from counterfeits.
You can Click Here to See it on Amazon.
Things I Didn’t Like About the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad
I have to say that for the time this dog pad has been sitting under my dog’s crate, I haven’t seen any issues.
It’s holding up pretty well and seems to be doing its job right.
Like it does absorb water spills and urine really well.
So it basically does a great job protecting your carpet or floors.
It also cleans pretty well. It does not retain any stains.
I’ve had it for quite a long time and I can tell you it’s the real deal.
Also Read; Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
Why Do I Recommend Midwest Homes for Pets Replacement Pan for Midwest Dog Crate?
I said I would recommend the Midwest Homes for Pets Replacement Pan for Midwest Dog Crate since it does a great job protecting your carpet.
This particular pan is not exactly for placing under your dog’s crate.
You place it right inside the crate.
It has raised edges that keep spills well contained while protecting your carpet and floors.
Below is a list of all the things I absolutely love about the Midwest Homes for Pets Replacement Pan for Midwest Dog Crate;
- It helps keep water spills as well as urine accidents well contained- it thus helps protect your carpet and any other type of floor
- It also keeps dog food spills well contained- no stains or food on your carpet
- It’s also odor-resistant thanks to its flexible polypropylene plastic construction
- It’s easy to clean, as its specially designed to slide in and out of the crate for easy and hassle-free cleaning incase an accident occurs
- This pan is fully compatible all single and double door metal dog crates from Midwest
- Its durable thanks to its sturdy construction
- As a multipurpose dog crate pan, you can use it practically anywhere- from your entryway, closet, mudroom, garage, kitchen, inside your car, in the garden, and other areas
- Its non-toxic- you dog can even pick up food that has spilled it and it will perfectly safe
- The 42-Inch pan will perfectly fit most SUV or car trunks
Also Read; Can You Use Fabuloso on Carpet?
Where to Buy the Midwest Homes for Pets Replacement Pan for Midwest Dog Crate?
You can get this dog crate pan on Amazon.
It’s way cheaper there plus you only get to purchase the original pan since it comes directly from the manufacturer.
What to Put Under Dog Crate to Protect Carpet?- Bottom Line
Placing a dog crate directly on the carpet can ruin it very quickly.
Additionally, placing it directly on the carpet exposes it to water and food spills as well as pet accidents.
These are just the things that will accelerate the wear and tear of your carpet.
Protect your beautiful carpet by placing a crate dog pad as well as a dog crate pan.