What to put under dog crate to protect hardwood floors?
You’re asking this question because your beautiful and elegant hardwood floor has become scratched right under the small space you place your dog crate on.
Or you simply want to protect your hardwood floor from the heavy metal dog crate.
Well, I have just the perfect solution for you.
What you need is a high-quality and durable pet cage mat that will not only absorb your dog’s urine, water spills/splashes and food spills, but one that will also protect your hardwood floors from scratches.
The only pet cage mat I can recommend right now is the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pads.Washable, Reusable, Waterproof Pad.
All you have to do is place this mat right under your dog’s crate and your hardwood floors will never again obtain unsightly scratches and dents.
What to Put Under Dog Crate to Protect Hardwood Floors?
I recommend the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad.
Why Do I Recommend the Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad?
- It has a non-slip back surface that prevents the mat from slipping around on smooth floor surfaces like hardwood floors, linoleum, laminate, tile, concrete, vinyl, and others.
- It helps protect your hardwood floors from scratches and dents often caused by dog crates
- It provides a thick cushion between your dog’s crate and hardwood floor
- It’s a highly absorbent cage mat that will absorb any water spills, splashes, food spills, as well as dog urine, thus further protecting your hardwood floors
- It’s ideal for both dog crates and kennels
- The pad is lightweight yet durable and long-lasting
- It’s made of a highly absorbent polyester material
- Its available in various sizes which are ideal for a wide range of crate and kennel sizes
- You can also use it as a pet bed while camping
- You can also place it on your bare hardwood floors as a resting place for your pet
- You can also place this cage mat on your car seat or trunk to protect your vehicle’s interior from pet accidents
- Its available in two colors- gray and bone print
- It’s easy to clean and dries pretty quickly
- Its available in various beautiful designs so you can choose one that matches your home’s décor
- It’s a portable and versatile cage mat
- Not very chewable-unlike disposable pads, your dog will have a hard time chewing this due to its high-quality construction
- Its machine washable
What You May Not Like About this Dog Cage Mat
I’ve seen some people complaining about the odor still lingering after washing. In this case, make sure you’re using a good pet odor eliminator. I am going to recommend one of the most popular and best-selling pet odor eliminator on Amazon right now, the Angry Orange Pet Odor Eliminator for Dog and Cat Urine. It has 2X more odor fighting power and will thus eliminate any dog urine and poop odor from the pad. Its pleasant orange scent will leave the dog pad smelling clean and fresh.
Overall, this is a great mat for placing under your dog’s crate to protect your hardwood floors.
How Much Does this Mat Cost and Where to Buy?
This is a high-quality cage mat that is quite cheap and affordable.
It’s available for sale on Amazon and I recommend purchasing it on Amazon since it’s much cheaper than there compared to other online retailers.
Will this Dog Crate Mat Stain your Hardwood Floors?
This mat won’t stain your beautiful hardwood floors.
It does not have a rubber backing nor is it constructed with materials that may react with the chemicals on your hardwood floor finish.
It’s made with a microfiber cloth that is not known to be toxic.
It’s completely safe for your hardwood floors, carpet, and other types of floors.
What is the Best Dog Crate for Hardwood Floors?
If you’re looking to purchase a dog crate that is safe for your hardwood floor, I have just the perfect recommendation for you.
A lot of dog crates in the market will ruin your hardwood floor.
That’s for sure.
As your dog moves around, so does the metallic crate.
The result is numerous ugly scratches that may become permanent.
You definitely don’t want that.
I recommend the EliteField 3-Door Folding Dog Crate with Rubber FEET.
This dog crate is not like most dog crates in the market.
This particular model comes with Non-Skid Rubber Feet that are not only sturdy and durable, but will also protect your hardwood floors from scratches and dents.
It’s also really spacious and is available in various sizes and designs.
Do Hardwood Floors Scratch Easily?
Hardwood floors are not as scratch-resistant as floors made of hard materials like tile and stone.
Although there are some hardwood floors that are less prone to scratches, your floor will definitely show scratches when it’s subjected to sharp or blunt force like dog or cat nails, furniture feet during moving, and even appliances.
That’s why it’s important that you protect your hardwood floors.
Furthermore, repairing or replacing your scratched hardwood floor can be a little bit expensive.
Scratches on your hardwood floors will also greatly reduce the value of your home.
You’ll most likely get a little less for your house when you sell it if your hardwood floor is full of scratches.
Take the necessary precautions and you’ll never have to worry about scratches ever again.
What to Put Under Dog Crate to Protect Hardwood Floors?- Bottom Line
The Rocket & Rex Dog Pee Pad acts as a protective shield for your hardwood floor.
It adds a protective layer of cushion between your heavy-duty metal dog crate and your sensitive hardwood floors.
It prevents your dog crate from scratching your floors and creating dents while preventing water and urine spills from damaging your floors.
It’s one of the best things you can put under your dog’s crate to protect your hardwood floors.