Wondering what to put under a piano on hardwood floors?
Well, I have just the perfect solution for you.
If your piano sits on your hardwood floor, chances of it creating deep dents and scratches are very high.
Moving a piano across a hardwood floor is even trickier and riskier.
A piano is quite heavy dragging it across the floor will definitely leave some heavy scratches and dents.
Not to mention that a piano itself is a delicate musical instrument.
So what do you do?
Well, the best way to protect your hardwood floor against piano damage is by placing furniture pads.
I recommend placing the X-Protector Non Slip Furniture Pads.
The furniture pads will not only protect your hardwood floors from scratches, but they will also help keep it in place.
What If My Piano Has Wheels
If yours is a grand piano with wheels, then these furniture pads won’t work.
You need piano caster cups like the WOGOD Store Upright Piano Caster Cups.
Also, if you’re wondering how to protect your hardwood floors when moving a piano, I have just the perfect solution for you.
I recommend the X-Protector Felt Furniture Sliders Hardwood Floors.
These furniture sliders make moving your heavy piano across hardwood floors easy and effortless, not to mention preventing scratches and dents.
Also Read;How to Stop Bed Sliding on Wooden Floor
What to Put Under a Piano on Hardwood Floors?
Place these durable and long-lasting X-Protector Non Slip Furniture Pads under your piano to protect your hardwood floors.
Why Do I Recommend the X-Protector Non Slip Furniture Pads?
- These furniture pads help protect your hardwood floors from scratches and dents that may be caused by your piano
- They offer a thick cushion between your piano’s legs and hardwood floor, thus offering maximum protection.
- By creating a protective cushion, these furniture pads help prolong the life of your hardwood floors
- Since they are non-skid, they will help keep your piano in place- it won’t slide or move across the floor
- The furniture pads also have a strong adhesive that allow them to firmly stick onto your piano’s feet- they won’t come off easily
- You can use them for all types of furniture and appliances- including couches, tables, sofas, chairs, bed frames, dressers, washing machines, fridges, freezers, and other heavy furniture and appliances
- You can use these furniture pads on all types of floors- including hardwood floors, laminate floors, vinyl floors, marble floors, concrete floors, tile floors, linoleum floors, bamboo floors, and more
- They are built to last-they will firmly hold onto your piano’s feet for a very long period of time. They won’t wear or tear any time soon
- They are strong and sturdy enough to accommodate even the heaviest pianos, furniture, and appliances
- The are very cheap and affordable
- They are square in shape and will fit well on your piano feet
- They won’t discolor or stain your hardwood floor
- They are not toxic and are therefore safe for kids and pets
- You can cut them to fit whatever furniture or appliance feet you want
- The adhesive will not damage your hardwood floor finishes
How Much Do These Furniture Pads Cost and Where to Buy Them?
I purchased mine on Amazon and compared to most online retailers, Amazon sells them at an affordable price.
Additionally, by purchasing them from Amazon, you’re basically buying them directly from a reputable seller so chances of getting fakes are minimal.
What If My Piano Legs Have Wheels?
In that case, these furniture pads will do no good as the wheels will definitely slide off them.
What you need is to get some high-quality piano caster cups.
I recommend the WOGOD Store Upright Piano Caster Cups for the following reasons;
- They are made of solid wood and therefore won’t tear or distend your hardwood floors under the piano’s weight
- These caster cups are designed to protect your hardwood floors from scratches, dents, and even tears due to the heavy weight of your piano
- They are designed to support the heavy weight of your piano while protecting your floors.
- They are suitable for all wood floors, carpets, and even tile floors
- They are properly sized to fit the wheels of your upright piano
- They are pretty easy to install- simply lift the piano on one side of the leg and slide the wheel inside this cup
- It’s also very easy to remove
- They are very elegant with an improved design and will therefore provide your room with a classy look
- A single box contains 4 caster cups
- They are of high-quality, sturdy, and will last for a very long period of time
- They will not excessively increase the height of your piano- they are just the right size
- They are quite cheap and affordable, and a great value for your money
NB: These caster wheels are only designed for upright pianos.
How Much Do These Piano Caster Cups Cost and Where to Buy?
These casters are available on Amazon.
You can purchase them on Amazon at an affordable rate.
I found them being sold for cheap here compared to most online retailers.
They are quite cheap and affordable, not to mention a great value for money since they are built to last.
They are an ideal choice if you have an upright piano with wheels.
What to Put Under a Piano on Hardwood Floors- Bottom Line
A piano is one of the heaviest pieces of musical equipment. It puts your hardwood floor at risk not just when moving it, but also when it just sits there.
It’s bound to create irreversible damage on your hardwood floors in terms of dents and scratches.
Hardwood floors can be expensive to replace, so it’s important that you take the necessary precautions to protect it.
I have recommended the X-Protector Non Slip Furniture Pads to protect your hardwood floors against your piano.
I’ve also recommended the WOGOD Store Upright Piano Caster Cups if your piano has wheels instead of regular feet.
Hopefully, you’ve now learnt what to put under a piano on hardwood floors to keep them safe and extend their life.