If you’ve been wondering what to put on outside steps to prevent slipping, you’ve come to the right place.
Your outside steps get really wet when it’s drizzling, raining, and during the winter season.
With most steps made of wood and concrete which tend to be really smooth, exposure to water makes them extremely slippery.
Besides making it hard for you and your family members to walk on them, slippery outside steps are a safety hazard.
They pose a great slipping or sliding hazard and can result in serious injuries such as broken bones, hips, and serious wounds.
In this article, I am going to show you exactly how to make outdoor steps non-slip.
What to Put on Outside Steps to Prevent Slipping?
The best and most effective way to make your outdoor steps less slippery in order to prevent slipping is by installing anti slip traction tape with grit.
A good example of such a tape that I would totally recommend since I’ve installed it on both my indoor and outdoor stairs is the EdenProducts Heavy Duty Anti Slip Traction Tape.
This anti slip traction tape is one of the best-selling traction tapes for indoor and outdoor stairs and there are so many reasons for this.
Right below, I am going to list down all the things you’ll love about the EdenProducts Heavy Duty Anti Slip Traction Tape.
How to Make Outdoor Steps Less Slippery?
Why Do I Recommend the EdenProducts Heavy Duty Anti Slip Traction Tape?
- The tape helps prevent slipping on stairs and outdoor steps. This is because it uses an 80 grit aluminum oxide traction pad that boosts foot traction with subtle texture. It’s the traction that prevents you and your family members from slipping especially when your outdoor steps become wet
- The anti slip traction tape is water-resistant. It’s an exceptionally strong traction tape that is completely resistant to water- this is what makes it especially a great choice for placing on outdoor steps. The fact that its water resistant also allows it to remain in place for a very long since its less prone to rotting due to water exposure
- It’s built to last- this tape is designed with a highly durable weatherproof triple layer adhesive that ensures the tape does not peel off after only after a few days of use. It also won’t wear and tear after just a short period of use. A lot of people have praised its durability and its ability to stick to the steps or stairs for a very long time. This means that the tape offers all round protection against slipping and sliding on steps and stairs
- It has 3 times adhesion that allows it to firmly and securely stick to your wooden or concrete stairs, thus ensuring durability even during the toughest weather conditions
- It’s really easy to install on your outside steps or indoor stairs- all you have to do is cut the tape into appropriate sizes, remove the white paper from the sticky side, and then stick and carefully flatten the tape
- It’s really cheap and affordable- a great value for money considering how expensive medical bills from slipping injuries can be
- You get a 30-Money Back guarantee in case the anti slip traction tape does not meet your satisfaction
How Much Does the EdenProducts Heavy Duty Anti Slip Traction Tape Cost and Where to Buy?
The EdenProducts Anti Slip Traction Tape is available at an affordable price on Amazon. You can Click Here to Check its Current Price on Amazon.
How to Make Outdoor Wooden Steps Non Slip
If you have wooden outdoor steps, you can make them non-slip by simply installing the EdenProducts Anti Slip Traction Tape.
This tape works for both wooden and concrete outdoor steps.
This is by far the easiest and cheapest way to eliminate slipping hazards on your outdoor wooden steps.
There is another highly effective alternative.
You can apply a high-quality non slip coating for wood stairs. A good example of such coating that I would totally recommend is the Rust-Oleum 271455 Antislip Spray.
This anti slip spray creates a slip resistant covering that provides excellent traction on surfaces.
It’s a fast-drying clear finish that you can quickly apply on outside steps, decks, porches, tile floors, garage floors, ramps, and other areas to prevent slipping and sliding.
The coating is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
What to Put on Outside Concrete Steps to Prevent Slipping?
If your outside steps are made of concrete, I am also going to recommend installing the EdenProducts Heavy Duty Anti Slip Traction Tape.
Since this tape has up to 3 times stronger adhesion, you don’t have to worry about it not sticking securely on your smooth concrete steps.
Alternatively, you can spray a non slip coating for concrete like the Rust-Oleum 271455 Antislip Spray.
These are two best ways for making outdoor stairs safe.
What to Put on Outside Steps to Prevent Slipping?- Bottom Line
Placing non-slip stair treads on outdoor steps can give you great piece of mind knowing that every single person in your family is well protected from slippery stairs.
Slippery stairs are dangerous for any individual. However, the elderly, children, people with limited mobility and pets are often at more risk of slipping on wet outdoor steps.
That’s why it’s important that you take the necessary precautions to prevent the possibility of these accidents happening.
Hopefully, you’ve now learnt what to put on outdoor steps to prevent slipping and keep your family safe.