What can I spray on carpet to stop dog from peeing?
Well, I am going to be pretty straight forward about this.
Most dog repellent sprays in the market don’t actually work.
Perhaps the best thing that can actually help is using a powerful pet odor and stain remover that will completely eliminate the smell of urine in areas they’ve marked.
You need a formula that is specifically made for dog urine.
Although most household cleaners will remove stains and smell of your dog’s pee, they won’t break down the ammonia enzymes on your dog’s urine.
That’s why you need a powerful enzyme cleaner like Rocco & Roxie Supply Professional Strength Stain and Odor Eliminator
By removing dog urine odor completely, your carpet will no longer smell urine and your dog will therefore avoid using the market territories on your carpet as a bathroom.
I use this pet stain and odor remover whenever my labrador
But the question still remains;
How Do I Stop my Dog from Peeing on the Carpet
What Can I Spray on Carpet to Stop Dog from Peeing on Carpet?
Like I stated earlier, most dog deterrent sprays don’t really work.
What really works is potty training your dog.
Seriously, there is no other way around this one.
I am going to recommend 2 dog toilet training items that will actually prevent your dog from peeing on the carpet or generally in the house;
Why Do I Recommend the BLUETREE Dog Potty Training Doorbells?
Dog bells have proven to be a much easier and fun way for your furry friend to communicate instead of the common barking and scratching.
If your dog is always peeing on your carpet, this dog bell is exactly what you need.
All you have to do is hang them on your door knob of the door you use to take the dog out.
Train your dog how to use them.
They get it really fast.
Whenever they feel the need to poop or pee outside, all they’ll do is shake the bells as a way of letting you know its pee or poop time.
Just make sure to hang them in a way that your dog will easily reach them.
The doorbell belt is adjustable so this should be easy.
Also Read;Can You Use Fabuloso on Carpet?
Things I Love About the BLUETREE Dog Potty Training Doorbells
- These doorbells offer a perfect non-confrontational solution to toilet train your furry friend
- No more peeing on the carpet
- They help train your dog really fast
- They are really easy to use for your dog- with a little training, your dog should be able to use them with ease
- They are nice sounding with jingle sounds that are easy on your ears and your dog’s ears
- They are safe for your dog- they are not made with toxic materials, neither will their heavy-duty nylon construction injure your dog
- They last much longer thanks to their heavy-duty nylon material and sturdy construction
- They can be easily adjusted based on the height of your door or the size of your dog
- Most dog bells only have two adjustable lengths while this particular model has 3 levels of length adjustment
- The belts are also made with quality material and wont therefore wear and tear any time soon
- They can be really fun for playful dogs
- They are quite cheap and affordable
Where Can I Buy the BLUETREE Dog Potty Training Doorbells
I recommend purchasing these doorbells on Amazon for several reasons.
One, Amazon sells them at an affordable price compared to most online retailers.
Two, if you’re having doubts about its effectiveness, you can always read customer feedback about these doorbells on Amazon.
Click Here to Read Customer Reviews on Amazon.
Do Dog Potty Training Bells Really Work?
I can confidently assure you that dog bells do actually work.
I used them on my Labrador retriever puppy almost 3 years ago and they worked like a charm.
Honestly, I hated cleaning my carpet every single day because my puppy was always peeing on my carpet.
Let’s not even talk about the stink.
It was frustrating and even embarrassing since friends and family were always dropping by.
Also, I really had a hard time potty training my puppy so that’s why he was always peeing on the carpet.
Dog bells literally saved me. They will save you and your carpet too.
Why Do I Recommend the AmazonBasics Dog and Puppy Potty Training Pads, Regular Absorbency?
Toilet training dog bells are an excellent choice if you want your dog to pee or poop outside the house.
But what if you live in an apartment or your dog is simply an indoor dog?
Or maybe you don’t want your dog roaming outside after you’ve gone to work.
That’s where these potty training pads come in.
I used these pads as well when I was training my Labrador and I absolutely loved them for these reasons;
Things I Love About the AmazonBasics Dog and Puppy Potty Training Pads, Regular Absorbency
- These pads are highly absorbent- they turn your dog’s urine into gel upon contact
- These pads act pretty much like diapers where the gel is capable of holding as much urine as possible
- They won’t leak at all- Each pad comes with fiver layers of leak-proof performance- they won’t damage your carpet or floors
- The pads have an anti-streaming layer that offers a fast-drying quilted surface
- Since its able to lock in the wetness and leave the surface of the pad dry, your dog can reuse it severally and won’t feel uncomfortable due to wetness
- The pads also significantly reduce dog urine odor in your house
- They also do a great job preventing tracking
- They are an excellent option for dogs without outdoor access
- They are great for toilet training young puppies
- They are also great for aging dogs as well as sick dogs
- They are also an travel dog pads so you won’t need to keep making regular stops for your dog to pee
- They help protect floors and carpets from dog urine damage
- They are available in different sizes- you can choose the regular size for your puppies or small dogs or the extra large pads for larger dogs
- They are 40 in total- this means your dog is covered for quite a long time
- They do not contain any harmful chemicals and therefore safe for your dog
What You May Not Like About the AmazonBasics Dog and Puppy Potty Training Pads, Regular Absorbency?
These dog training pads are excellent. I honestly can’t complain.
However, since these pads are not reusable, the cost can really add up by the time your dog or puppy gets used to peeing outside.
But then, nobody wants to keep washing dog urine every single day.
So these pads are totally worth it.
What Can I Spray on Carpet to Stop Dog from Peeing?- Bottom Line
Nothing is more frustrating than having to clean your vacuum every single day due to your dog peeing or pooing on the floor.
You don’t have to deal with any of this at all.
I know too well that no spray will deter your dog from urinating on your carpet.
That’s why toilet training your dog or puppy is important.
I have given you two perfect solutions that will prevent your furry friend from making your beautiful carpet a bathroom.