Have you been wondering how to stop your washing machine from moving on laminate floor?
Well, this was me many years back.
Honestly, this was one of the most frustrating experiences with washing machines.
The machine would literally “walk” and this didn’t just pose a huge risk on my appliance, but it also ruined my laminate floor a little bit.
One of my friends recommended purchasing some anti-vibration washing machine and dryer pads and it was the best decision I ever made.
I got the STEADY-PAD Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Washer and Dryer Pads for cheap on Amazon and my washing machine has not moved ever since.
How to Stop Washing Machine Moving on Laminate Floor?
Why Do Washing Machines Move While Cleaning Clothes?
One of the biggest reasons why a washing machine vibrates and walks is due to unevenly distributed laundry load in the washer.
If the laundry load is uneven, then the drum will also spin unevenly.
This causes the entire machine to vibrate.
It’s the vibration that causes the machine to “walk.”
The machine may also move constantly while in operation due to uneven floors.
It’s even more likely to move on laminate floors or wooden floors.
Installing these anti-vibration pads is the only sure way to prevent the annoying moving and the vibration noises.
Also Read; How to Stop Bed Sliding on Wooden Floor
Why Do I Recommend the STEADY-PAD Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Washer and Dryer Pads?
- These pads keep your washer and dryer steady on your laminate floor
- Your appliance will not move no matter how strong the vibrations are
- They basically prevent your washer or dryer from walking or skidding on your laminate floor
- These pads keep your appliance in place without the need of adhesive. This is all thanks to its micro-grip pattern on the bottom of each pad
- They are highly durable thanks to their sturdy construction- they are made from a blend of hard durometer rubber which increase their durability while enhancing their performance
- They also help reduce noise from the vibrations of your washer and dryer
- Each pad is quite thick which really helps with their shock absorption ability
- These pads will fit all washing machines and dryers sizes- it’s basically a one-size fits all
- They are compatible with all washing machine and dryers brands
- These pad will increase the height of your washing machine or dryer by at least one inch
- They are really durable so you won’t need to keep replacing them
- Thanks to these pads, you can place your washing machine and dryer on the second floor and you won’t hear any vibrations
- Thanks to these pads, you can comfortably use your washing machine in an apartment without worrying about disturbing your neighbor with annoying vibrations
- The pads are cheap and affordable
How Much Do These Anti-Vibration Pads Cost and Where to Buy?
You can get the anti-vibration pads at an affordable price directly on Amazon.
I couldn’t find them locally and the few online retailers that had them were selling them at a higher price.
These pads are also among the cheapest on Amazon.
Also Read; Alternative to Felt Pads for Chairs
How Else to Stop your Washing Machine from Moving on Laminate Floor?
Besides installing anti-vibration cups, here are a few other solutions that will definitely help prevent your machine from walking around while in operation;
1. Balance your Laundry Load in the Washing Machine
Make sure you place your laundry inside the machine evenly.
As I stated earlier, one of the major causes of vibrations in a washing machine is uneven laundry load.
If you’re washing large and bulky items, try to mix them with small clothes.
You’ll experience less vibration if you mix bulky items with small clothes instead of washing them alone.
2.Avoid Underloading your Washing Machine
Loading a few clothes inside the machine will definitely cause it to vibrate.
Make sure you place the right amount of laundry before turning it on.
If washing single large items like blankets and duvets, make sure you add more smaller pieces in order to even out the load.
3. Avoid Overloading the Washing Machine
Overloading your machine may also be the reason it’s walking around on your laminate floor.
Try loading an adequate amount of laundry and you’ll see just how the vibration will greatly reduce.
4. Make sure the Machine is Level
Before adding water and clothes into your washing machine, make sure it’s level.
If you find that it’s sitting on a tilt, try to level it by adjusting its positions back, front, and sideways until you find a good balanced position.
Do Anti-Vibration Washing Machine and Dryer Pads Really Work?
I’ve used them and I guarantee you will no longer see your machine moving around on your laminate floor or any other wood floor.
Plus the good news is that if not happy with these pads, you can always return them and get your money back.
The manufacturer of these pads offers a whopping 120-day Money-Back Guarantee.
Not yet convinced?
Well, Click Here to Read Reviews from happy customers who purchased these anti-vibration pads on Amazon.
Will these Anti-Vibration Pads Stain my Laminate Floor?
No. These pads won’t stain or discolor your laminate floor or any other type of floor.
I know how frustrating a stain on your laminate floor can be.
The good news is that these pads do not contain any material that may stain or ruin your laminate floor.
Will These Pads Protect my Laminate Floors Against Scratches and Dents from my Machine?
Your washing machine or dryer will only scratch your laminate floor if it’s moving or being moved around.
When you place these pads on your machine, they prevent this movement, thus preventing scratches.
They are made of rubber which is a very well known floor protector.
So yes, these pads will protect your laminate floors from scratches and dents.
How to Stop Washing Machine Moving on Laminate Floor- Bottom Line
Placing anti-vibration pads under your washing machine is the only sure way to stop your washing machine from walking on your laminate floor.
I’ve recommended the STEADY-PAD Anti-Vibration and Anti-Walk Washer and Dryer Pads as they not only prevent your machine from moving, but they also reduce vibration noises while protecting your laminate flooring.
Hopefully, now you’ve learnt how to stop washing machine from moving on laminate floor.