In this article, you’re going to learn how to remove broken staples from hardwood floors with great ease.
Nothing is more frustrating and time consuming than removing staples from hardwood floors.
The task becomes even more daunting if most of the staples are broken.
A lot of people often make the mistake of using regular pliers to get the staples out after removing the carpet.
However, pliers don’t always make things faster. There have even been instances where some homeowners ended up marring or damaging their hardwood floors with pliers or other tools.
Don’t go down the same road. I don’t recommend using pliers at all. While it may get the job done somehow, the entire process can be time consuming.
So what’s the solution?
How to Remove Broken Staples from Hardwood Floors
One of the best and easiest ways to remove broken staples from hardwood floors is by using a Staple Remover.
A staple remover is a truly convenient tool for pulling out staples left behind on hardwood floors after removing carpet.
The Swingline 37201 Heavy-Duty Staple Remover is one of the best staple removers for hardwood floors and I am recommending it because it’s the only tool we used to remove all the staples, even the broken ones from our hardwood floors.
This tool made the job much easier for us and I am happy to say it ended up saving us a lot more money and time.
The Swingline 37201 Heavy Duty Staple Remover is a very sturdy all-metal tool that delivers superior performance and ensures longevity.
This sleek staple remover is backed by a 1-Year manufacturer’s limited warranty so you can purchase the tool with great peace of mind.
Right below, I have listed down all the benefits of using the Swingline 37201 Heavy Duty Staple Remover;
Why Do I Recommend the Swingline 37201 Heavy Duty Staple Remover
- This staple remover will save you a lot of headache- it makes the job much easier and less time consuming
- It makes it extremely easy to remove those hard-to-remove broken staples compared to using pliers only
- The tool removers the staples gently and carefully without running your hardwood floors
- It has this distinct contoured shape that fits perfectly in your hand for comfortable use
- It features a spring-loaded lever handle that expertly pulls out all the heavy duty staples, even those that are broken
- It has a very sturdy base that ensures great stability for ease of use. This also makes it suitable for tacking big staple removing jobs
- It’s all-metal construction ensures durability
- The staple remover boasts of a very attractive contemporary satin finish that gives it a sleek appearance
- You can use it to remove staples practically anywhere- from hardwood floors to documents
What You May Not Like About the Swingline 37201 Heavy Duty Staple Remover
I would be lying if I said that this staple remover has flaws coz it really doesn’t.
There are countless staple removers for hardwood floors in the market but not many can match the construction, durability, or performance of the Swingline 372-1 Heavy Duty Staple Remover.
I especially liked the fact that it’s heavy-duty and thus can easily handle a big carpet staples removal job.
It will hold up throughout the entire process and with its sturdy and durable all-metal construction, this tool will serve you for very many years.
How Much Does the Swingline 37201 Staple Remover Cost and Where to Buy?
I have to admit that the Swingline 37201 Staple Remover Does cost a little bit more compared to some removers but this has to do with its durable construction.
When you compare this staple remover to others in the market, you’ll be shocked at the huge difference in construction and even design.
The Swingline Staple Remover isn’t like any other staple remover. It’s heavy-duty, really sturdy, and does the job really well.
You can get it a really cheap price on Amazon. You can Click Here to Check Out Its Current Price on Amazon.
How to Remove Staples from Hardwood Floors (Step-by-Step Guide)
Removing carpet staples from hardwood floors is actually very easy- especially when you use a heavy-duty staple remover like the Swingline 37201 Heavy Duty Staple Remover.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it hassle-free;
- Remove the carpet and then gently rip off the carpet padding to reveal the staples used to keep the padding in place on your hardwood floors
- With the staples now visible, use the Swingline Heavy Duty Staple Remover to remove them. Be sure to check out for broken staples because if they are not properly removed, they can cause some serious injuries when stepped on
- Once you’re done removing all the staples, sweep or vacuum the hardwood floors and then clean it with a good hardwood floor cleaner to remove stains and other ingrained dirt.
- That’s all- it’s as easy as that!
How to Remove Broken Staples from Hardwood Floors- Bottom Line
The task of removing broken staples from hardwood floors can be daunting and time-consuming. However, with the right tools, you can get the job done quickly and easily.
One of the best ways to easily and quickly remove broken carpet padding staples from hardwood floors is by using a heavy-duty staple remover like the Swingline 37201 Heavy-Duty Staple Remover.
It’s easy to use, cheap, and gets the job done right.
Hopefully, you’ve now learnt how to remove broken staples from hardwood floors.