How to protect wood floors from rolling chairs? I asked myself this same question after my office chair in my home office started scratching my hardwood floors.
Honestly, I thought that placing a chair mat below my chair would help- but it ended up causing more harm than good.
It was then that I finally realized what was wrong- my office chair had chair casters that were primarily made of hard nylon plastic.
The biggest problem with hard plastic chair casters is that instead of rolling smoothly on the floor, they glide.
It’s the gliding that leaves unsightly scratches and dents on your beautiful hardwood floors.
After some research, I found that the only GUARANTEED way to protect my hardwood floors from my rolling chair is by removing the plastic casters on my chair and replacing them with rubber casters.
I am happy to say that my hardwood floors no longer get scratches.
If you’re looking for the best chair casters for hardwood floors, I recommend the Office Oasis Store Office Chair Caster Wheels.
How to Protect Wood Floors from Rolling Chairs
Why Do I Recommend the Office Oasis Store Office Chair Caster Wheels?
- These casters wont scratch or leave any marks on your wood floors- they are made from soft polyurethane material which is completely safe for your floors
- The casters roll smoothly instead of gliding like plastic casters- this helps prevent scratches and dents on your wood floors
- They roll quietly compared to plastic casters which are squeaky and noisy- they are a great choice for settings that require complete silence
- With these casters, you will no longer require your old plastic chair mat (it doesn’t help much anyway)
- The casters can support up to 650 lbs- this makes them excellent chair casters for heavy people- their design is heavy duty
- The internal parts and support bracket are constructed with high grade steel for high performance and durability
- They are the strongest chair casters in the market right now
- The casters are safe to use on hardwood, laminate, vinyl, bamboo, pergo, and many other type of floors
- These caster wheels fit 95% of all the office chairs in the market- they basically take out the guesswork when finding the perfect match
- They are easy to install and do not require any tools to do so
- The caster wheels are really modern, stylish, and sleek- you won’t find similar designs anywhere
- With their universal standard size stem , you can use these caster wheels not just on office chairs, but also on any furniture with wheels
- 110% Money-Back Guarantee- if you don’t like these wheels for any reasons, you will get your money plus an extra 10%- no questions asked
- They are compatible will top office chair brands like Herman Miller Aeron, Hon, and other numerous brands
- They are affordable and a great value for your money
- Countless number of positive reviews from happy and satisfied customers who have installed these wheels
- They arrive in a sleek package
How Much Do These Office Chair Caster Wheels Cost?
These chairs are a little bit more expensive compared to regular plastic caster wheels and chair mats.
However, what’s more important is that they offer great value for money.
When your office chair scratches your hardwood floors, you’re going to spend a lot more money fixing those scratches.
Installing these durable wheels is one way to prevent this and in the end, you end up saving more money.
They are quite durable so you won’t need to replace them after just a few years. These are caster wheels that you can keep for life.
I bought mine on Amazon and I am going to recommend you purchase them there as well.
I promise you won’t regret buying these casters as the protection they offer your wood floors is immense.
How Do I Keep my Chair Wheels from Rolling?
As long as you’ve installed rubber caster wheels, you shouldn’t have to worry about them scratching your wood floors.
If for some reason you don’t like how the chair wheels keep rolling on the floor, you can actually prevent them from doing so and keep them in one position.
As I explained earlier, the Office Oasis Store Office Caster Wheels do not have a locking functionality.
It will therefore be hard to stay in one position with these wheels.
This is not a big problem though but if you really want wheels that lock so you’re not sliding all over the place, I recommend the STEALTHO Replacement Office Chair Caster Wheels Set of 5.
The STEALTHO Replacement Office Chair Caster Wheels Set of 5 are one of the few office chair caster wheels that actually LOCK in place.
They are also made of rubber polyurethane which unlike plastic doesn’t scratch wood floors.
Can Rolling Chairs be Used on Hardwood Floors?
Rolling chairs can be used on hardwood floors.
However, you need to ensure that the caster wheels are made of rubber, not hard plastic which is known to create scratches on hardwood floors.
If your current rolling office chair has hard plastic caster wheels, you need to replace them with rubber caster wheels like the Office Oasis Store Office Chair Caster Wheels.
These caster wheels are specifically designed for wood floors in order to keep your floors safe from scratches and dents.
Do Office Chairs Ruin Hardwood Floors?
Most office chairs come with hard plastic caster wheels that may scuff and scratch your hardwood floors.
Placing a chair mat or rug won’t completely solve the problem.
The only way to permanently protect your hardwood floors is by installing rubber caster wheels like we’ve discussed above.
It’s way cheaper to purchase replacement rubber caster wheels than it is to fix scratches and scuff marks on your expensive hardwood floor.
What Type of Casters are Best for Hardwood Floors?
Rubber polyurethane casters are the best casters for hardwood floors.
That’s why I’ve recommended the best-selling Oasis Store Office Chair Caster Wheels as they are made with soft polyurethane material instead of hard nylon plastic.
How to Protect Wood Floors from Rolling Chairs?- Bottom Line
Nothing is more frustrating than having your beautiful wood floors scratched and full of dents.
Your office chair with hard plastic casters is one of the biggest culprits for this.
I know for a fact that chair mats don’t offer long lasting protection, that’s why I am recommending the Oasis Store Office Chair Caster Wheels as they are not only safe for your hardwood floors, but they are also durable and long lasting.
Install these caster wheels on your office chairs and you won’t regret it. They are easy to install and come at a reasonable price.