You’re here because you want to know how to protect carpet when painting baseboards.
Painting a baseboard can be somehow trickier if the room has a wall-to-wall carpet installed.
No matter how steady your hand is, spilling some paint on your carpet is certainly inevitable.
Paint on your carpet will not only damage it, but it will also leave unsightly stains that will probably never come off completely.
To keep your carpet safe when painting baseboards, I recommend using the TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film.
I’ve used it several times when having my walls and baseboards painted and I can assure you that this carpet protector film is the real deal if you want to protect your carpet from paint.
In this article, I am going to list down all the reasons why it’s the perfect carpet shield for protecting baseboards;
How to Protect Carpet When Painting Baseboards
Why Do I Recommend the TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film?
- It helps prevent paint spills when painting your baseboards- it offers excellent carpet protection to prevent stains or other related damage on your carpet
- Its quick and easy to apply
- It sticks edge to edge, thus allowing it to stay in place the entire time
- It stays in place and won’t become creased
- Although it’s a plastic protective film, it’s actually non-slip, so it won’t cause slipping or tripping hazards
- This particular roll measures 24 inch x 200 foot and will therefore cover a pretty large surface area
- You can use it to protect your carpet and floors from construction dust, debris, foot traffic, and all kinds of messes
- You can use it to protect your wood floors, laminate floors, tile floors, and any other kind of floor
- It’s a durable and heavy-duty carpet protector film that is strong enough to withstand foot traffic and rough everyday use
- Its highly resistant to tearing and puncturing due to its durable material and high-quality construction
- It does not leave any sticky residue on your carpet
- It can be easily and cleanly removed without worrying about having to clean up any gooey mess left behind on your carpet
- You can leave it up to 45 days and it will still leave your carpet clean and residue free
- It’s an American-Made carpet protector film- this is a guarantee that the product is of excellent quality
- It’s an excellent choice protector film for moving-use it to protect your carpet and floors from heavy furniture , appliances, and foot traffic when moving
- You can also use it to protect your carpet from dirt and debris while moving
- It’s also ideal for use on commercial applications such as showrooms, open houses, model homes and vehicles, parties, RVs, and more
- You can use it on carpeted stairs as well
- It rolls quite easily- you can even roll it will your legs instead of bending
- It does not leak
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals that may destroy your carpet
Precautions: Avoid wearing sharp high heels as they may puncture the film when placed on the carpet
Also Read; How to Secure Area Rug on Top of Carpet
What You May Not Like About the TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film
Personally, I didn’t have any issues with this carpet protection film.
I carefully followed all the instructions.
However, I’ve seen a few complaints about the film not sticking onto the carpet very firmly.
I’ve also noted a complaint about the roll being difficult to unwind since it sticks to itself.
I think the issue is poor installation. If you can’t unwind the roll by yourself, you might want to seek assistance from another person.
Plus the fact that this film is sticky can make installation quite a daunting task for some people.
Overall, there are numerous positive reviews from customers praising the effectiveness and performance of the TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film.
So don’t let the few negative reviews discourage you from purchasing it.
How Much Does it Cost and Where to Buy?
For such a huge roll that covers a pretty large surface area, I would say that the TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film is totally reasonably priced.
A few of the carpet protector films I checked out were a few dollars more expensive than this one.
It’s also currently one of the best selling carpet protector films on Amazon, so it’s really popular.
How Thick is this Carpet Shield Protector Film?
The film itself is not very thick, although I have not seen any listed thickness.
However, you don’t need to worry about the thickness as this film is quite sturdy and will stand up to foot traffic and is quite long lasting.
What are the Dimensions of this Carpet Shield Protector?
This carpet shield for painting baseboards measures 24 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches.
It’s quite big actually.
The whole roll measures 24-Inches by 200 foot which will cover up to 400 square feet of floor.
Also Read; Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
Can You Reuse this Carpet Protector Film?
It’s probably not a good idea to reuse this film.
You won’t be able to clean off all the paint and you would probably tear it up while doing so.
If it gets all torn up, the paint will definitely seep into the carpet.
You don’t want that.
That’s why I would not recommend reusing it.
I don’t see the manufacturer recommending it either so you definitely shouldn’t.
How to Protect Carpet When Painting Baseboards- Bottom Line
Carpet shields for painting baseboards don’t just protect your carpet from paint spills- they are also convenient time savers.
You get to paint your baseboards faster without worrying about spills and cleaning up the spills.
The TapeManBlue Carpet Protection Film is just what you need to protect your carpet and floors from paint spills.
Hopefully, you’ve now learnt how to protect your carpet when painting baseboards.