How to move a fridge without scratching the floor?
I asked myself this same question while I was moving into a new house with a beautiful hardwood floor.
A fridge is one of the largest and heaviest appliances in the house.
When moving it across your hardwood floor, you run the risk of ruining your floors, not to mention hurting your back or even damaging the unit.
The good news is that you can safely move your fridge without causing any damage to your hardwood floor.
I recommend the best furniture sliders for hardwood floors- the SuperSliders 4703395N Reusable Felt Furniture Movers for Hardwood Floors.
I use these furniture sliders every time I am rearranging my kitchen or living room and I have to say my hardwood floors don’t have a single scratch.
Even better, these sliders make it extremely easy to move furniture across the floors.
In this article, I am going to tell you why you should consider using these furniture sliders when moving your fridge or other heavy appliances.
How to Move a Fridge Without Scratching the Floor
Why Do I Recommend the SuperSliders 4703395N Reusable Felt Furniture Movers for Hardwood Floors?
- They protect your hardwood floors from scratches, dents, and marring while moving them
- They make it extremely easy to move your fridge across hardwood floors- they’ll slide your fridge effortlessly across the floor
- They grip firmly under your fridge and furniture legs thanks to their durable rubber foam construction, so they won’t keep coming off
- They also make it extremely easy to move fridges and other heavy furniture and appliances. These include sofas, beds, washing machines, freezers, dressers, recliners, tables, and many other heavy items
- They are ideal for use on most hard surface floors including laminate floors, bamboo floors, linoleum, and others
- After moving your fridge, you can either remove them or leave them in place for future cleaning or moving. They will help protect your hardwood floors from dents and scratches till then
- They are reusable so you can use them over and over again
- They are quite durable- they won’t wear and tear after just a few uses
- Rearranging or cleaning under your appliances or furniture will never again be a daunting task
- They are quite cheap and affordable
- They are quite thick and therefore create a protective cushion between your appliance or furniture and your hardwood floor
- They come in round and square shapes
NB: If you’re looking for the best sliders for moving your fridge across your carpet, I recommend the SuperSliders 4724095N Reusable XL Heavy Furniture Movers for Carpet.
What You May Not Like About these Furniture Sliders for Hardwood Floors?
Honestly, everything worked out pretty well with these furniture sliders.
I was able to move my heavy fridge and freezer all the way to my kitchen without a single dent on my hardwood floors.
I left them in place as the manufacturer recommends them for protecting your floors.
I also love the fact that they are dirt cheap.
I bought as many as I could since I am always moving my appliances and furniture while cleaning.
You’ll absolutely love them too!
Also Read; Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
How Much Do These Furniture Sliders Cost and Where to Buy?
This particular pack contains 4 reusable furniture sliders.
Their pricing is quite reasonable and given how durable they are, these sliders are totally worth the money.
I recommend buying them on Amazon since they are way cheaper there.
Click Here to See their Current Price on Amazon
How to Move a Fridge Without Scratching Floor- Frequently Asked Questions
How Thick are These Furniture Sliders?
These sliders are quite thick.
The felt sliders are .15” thick while the foam sliders are .29”thick.
Will these Furniture Sliders Stain your Hardwood Floors?
These furniture sliders will not stain your hardwood floors.
They are completely safe and won’t discolor your wood floors.
How Do These Furniture Sliders Work?
These furniture sliders typically create a solid cushioning between your fridge and hardwood floor.
They are designed to slide over various floor surfaces, including hardwood floors
When you place them underneath your fridge, these slides slide effortlessly across your floors.
By doing so, they are able to make moving your heavy fridge easily while protecting your floor against damage.
Also Read; What to Put Under Treadmill on Hardwood Floor
Does Hardwood Floor Scratch Easily?
Your solid hardwood floor is actually very susceptible to scratches, especially due to pets or moving heavy furniture or appliances across it.
That’s why it’s important that you use furniture gliders like the SuperSliders 4703395N Reusable Felt Furniture Movers for Hardwood Floors.
They will offer a protective shield against scratches and dents on your hardwood floors.
If you have pets, have them wear dog boots or nail caps in order to protect your hardwood floor against scratches.
Also Read; Alternative to Felt Pads for Chairs
How to Protect Hardwood Floors from Scratches?
One of the best ways to protect your hardwood floors from scratches is by using furniture sliders when moving heavy furniture and appliances across the floors.
If you have dogs that love to scratch the floors, make sure you get them some booties or nail caps.
A hardwood floor can be expensive to install and maintain especially if there are scratches.
Prevention is always better than cure.
How to Move a Fridge Without Scratching the Floor?- Bottom Line
Whether you’re moving your fridge for moving or spring cleaning purposes, it’s important that you use furniture sliders in order to avoid potential damage to your hardwood floors
These sliders also make moving this heavy appliance quickly, efficiently, and effortlessly.
Hopefully, you’ve now learnt how to move a fridge without scratching the floor.