You’re here because you want to know how to keep floor mats from sliding on vinyl floors.
A sliding floor mat isn’t just a nuisance in the house, it’s actually a very dangerous slipping hazard.
If your floor mat does not have a rubberized backing, it will most likely slip and slide on your vinyl floor and even on your carpet.
The good news is that you can keep your floor mat from sliding on your vinyl floor by sticking a double-sided carpet tape.
There are countless double-sided carpet tapes in the market. However, I am only going to recommend the tape I’ve used to secure my floor mats and carpets on my wood floors.
I recommend the XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape.
It’s currently one of the best-selling double-sided carpet tapes on Amazon and its all for the right reasons.
In this article, I am going to tell you why this carpet tape is the perfect option for keeping your floor mats from sliding on vinyl floors;
How to Keep Floor Mats from Sliding on Vinyl Floors
Why Do I Recommend the XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape?
- It’s a heavy-duty and durable tape that will prevent carpets, floor mats, and rugs from slipping, moving, or even curling
- Its compatible with vinyl floors, wood floors, tile, and even carpet
- It provides excellent adhesion to smooth as well as rough surfaces
- It’s quite easy to install and can be easily removed by hand
- It does not leave any residue behind that may damage your vinyl floors, wood floors, or even carpet
- It’s perfectly safe for delicate wood materials
- It’s also safe for floor finishes- it’s quite gentle on surfaces finishes and therefore won’t strip them off
- It works for floor mat to vinyl floor applications
- It works for carpet to floor applications as well
- It works for carpet to carpet applications
- It’s a versatile carpet tape that can be used for multiple applications like adhering ornaments, picture frames, decorations, and more
- You can also use this tape to prevent against pet scratches on your furniture
- Its heavy duty and durable- it will last for a very long time- up to 6 months after installation
- It measures 5.31 x 5.31 x 1.97 inches and its full size is 2-inches by 30 yards
- It’s really long and can be used for as many applications as possible
- Its moisture resistant and weather resistant
- Some people even use it to secure cloth seat cover to the seats of vinyl sofa
- You can use it on laminate floors as well
- It’s also suitable for use on poly finished wood stairs
- It can be used for paper crafts
- It works really well on leather or cowhide rugs
- It’s really sticky and therefore wont come off easily
- It’s perfect for keeping stair treads in place
- Lots of positive reviews from happy customers on Amazon
- It’s very cheap and affordable
Also Read; Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Flooring
How Much Does the XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape Cost and Where to Buy?
This tape is very cheap and you can get it directly on Amazon.
It’s currently one of the best-selling double-sided carpet tapes on Amazon.
How to Remove Double Sided Tape from Vinyl Flooring
This double sided carpet tape is very easy to remove.
You can easily remove it with your hand.
In fact, the removal process is pretty straight forward.
Also Read; Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?
How Long Will this Double Sided Carpet Tape Stick on Floor Mat and Vinyl Floor?
According to the manufacturer, this tape will last up to 6 months.
In other words, it will keep your floor mat in place on your vinyl floor for a whopping 6 months.
It’s really durable and therefore a great value for your money.
Will this Double Sided Tape Stick to Vinyl Floor?
This tape is very sticky and the glue is so durable that your floor mat will stay in place for a whopping 6 months.
Your rug won’t curl, slide, or move on your vinyl floor.
Will this Double Sided Carpet Ruin your Vinyl Floor?
No, this carpet tape will not ruin your vinyl floor.
This is due to the fact that it does not leave any sticky residue behind.
Also, it does not stain or discolor your sensitive vinyl floor.
It’s perfectly safe for your vinyl floors.
Will Double Sided Tape Damage Wood?
It’s easy to assume that due to its adhesive properties, this tape may not be safe for use on wood.
The truth is that this double sided tape is perfectly safe for any type of wood furniture and floors.
When removing the tape, the sticky part won’t remove your furniture or wood floor’s finish.
It’s totally safe and you’ve got nothing to worry about.
Will Carpet Tape Ruin Laminate Floors?
A double sided carpet tape will not damage your beautiful laminate floors.
It’s perfectly safe for use on laminate floors and any other sensitive floor.
It stays in place thanks to the strong adhesive but won’t remove your floor’s finish.
It won’t leave any sticky residue behind.
You can use it to hold floor mats, carpets, rugs, and carpet runners on your laminate floors.
How to Keep Floor Mats from Sliding on Vinyl Floors- Bottom Line
Nothing is more annoying than having to keep straightening your floor mat because it just won’t stay in place.
A floor mat that won’t stay in place also poses a great slipping hazard.
That’s why it’s really important to take the necessary precautions to ensure it stays in place all the time.
I’ve recommended the XFasten Double Sided Carpet Tape because it’s the only tape I use to keep my rugs, carpets, runners, stair treads, and floor mats in place.
Hopefully, you’ve learnt how to keep floor mats from sliding on vinyl floors.
Good luck and have a great time!