Does furniture dent vinyl plank flooring?
This is a very common question among home owners who have installed beautiful and expensive vinyl plank flooring.
The simple truth is;
Yes, furniture will dent and leave unsightly scratches on your vinyl plank flooring.
Does Vinyl Plank Flooring Dent Easily?
Although vinyl plank flooring is extremely durable, waterproof, easy to clean and very stylish, dragging heavy furniture across it will definitely give it some serious dents.
If you’re always dragging heavy furniture across your vinyl plank flooring, then you can be sure that your floor is now covered in dents and scratches.
The saddest thing is that overtime, your flooring experiences wear and tear, not to mention becoming less waterproof.
The good news is that preventing dents on your beautiful vinyl plank flooring is pretty easy and cheap.
I am talking about using high-quality and long-lasting furniture felt pads like the best-selling X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads.
Also Read: How to Secure Area Rug on Top of Carpet
How to Prevent Dents on Vinyl Plank Flooring?
As I have stated earlier, one of the best ways to preserve your beautiful flooring and preserve its durability is by using high-quality furniture pads like the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads.
These felt pads are typically some little round disks that you peel and stick on the legs of your chairs, sofa, and other furniture.
Their main purpose is to create a strong shield between your furniture and floor, thus protecting your flooring from dents, scratches, and scuffs.
The good news is that you can use them on any type of floor.
For example, if your home office or any other room has a different flooring, you wont need to purchase extra felt pads.
Why Do I Recommend the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads
Replacing a vinyl plank flooring can be extremely expensive.
Why not just prevent the damage before it actually happens?
The X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads have got you covered.
I use them too and I absolutely love them not just because they do a great job protecting my wood flooring, but also because they reduce noises from dragging furniture.
You will love them too- I guarantee it.
Here are more reasons why the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads are the best furniture felt pads for furniture;
- These furniture pads provide a protective layer between your vinyl plank flooring and the furniture, thus protecting it from scratches, dents, and scuffs
- They offer great protection for all types of floors from furniture damage- laminate, hardwood, tile, and even carpeted floor
- They are high-quality furniture pads that will offer your vinyl plank flooring long-lasting protection against scratches
- The pads are built to last- they won’t wear and tear for a very long time
- You can use them on any type of furniture-chairs, office chairs, sofas, dining tables, recliners, beds, ottomans, cabinets, desks, electronics, and other items
- These anti-scratch felt pads are easy to use- just stick them on your furniture feet and you’re good to go
- The brown pads are specifically designed for use on dark furniture
- The beige furniture pads are specifically designed for brighter furniture
- They are available in a variety of sizes
- Use the ¾-Inch felt pads on small chairs,plant pots, vases, and other small items
- Use the 1-Inch felt pads on chair and arm-chair legs
- Use the 1by1 inch felt pads on arm chairs and coffee table legs
- Use the 3 by 4 inch pads on heavy furniture like beds, recliners, sofas, couches, and dressers
- If you don’t find the right size, you can simply cut the pads into the desired size and shape
- With this furniture pads, you’ll never again have to fix scratches and dents on your vinyl plank flooring
- You can also forget the annoying and uncomfortable screeching caused when furniture is dragged on the floor
- The furniture pads have a tenacious adhesive that tightly holds them onto your furniture for an extended period of time. This means they won’t come off when lifting or dragging your furniture
- This package contains 133 pieces of furniture pads- for the price, it’s very cheap and economical
- These furniture pads are safe on your vinyl plank flooring and other flooring surfaces. They are made of felt which won’t damage your floor over time
- They are also non-staining, which means they won’t discolor your vinyl floor over time
- They are non-toxic- they are completely safe to use around small babies and pets
How Much do the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Cost and Where to Buy Them?
The X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads are some of the cheapest and most affordable furniture pads you’ll find in the market right now.
I recommend purchasing them on Amazon since they are significantly cheaper there.
Do the X-Protector Furniture Pads Work on Carpets?
Yes, you can place these furniture pads on carpets.
However, the manufacturer recommends using the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Sliders for Carpet.
The sliders won’t only protect your carpet from wear and tear especially when moving furniture around, but they make moving heavy furniture on the carpet much easier.
Given how difficult dragging heavy furniture can be, these furniture sliders are a life-saver.
Also Read; Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Flooring
Can You Put Heavy Furniture on Vinyl Plank Flooring?
You can put heavy furniture on your beautiful vinyl plank flooring.
However, don’t put the furniture directly on the bare flooring as this will ruin it.
That’s why we’ve recommended the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Pads Felt Pads.
You no longer have to cringe whenever a family member drags or moves furniture on your delicate flooring.
So if you really want to protect your vinyl plank flooring from heavy furniture, these pads are an excellent choice.
How to Protect Vinyl Plank Flooring from Office Chair Wheels?
The X-Protector Furniture Pads are only designed for use on furniture legs.
But what do you use to protect your flooring from being damaged by office chair wheels?
Well, I would like to recommend the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Caster Cups Premium Rubber Caster Cups.
These caster cups will not just keep your furniture with wheels in place. They will also;
- Protect your vinyl plank flooring from any furniture with wheels including office chairs, beds, chairs, couches, piano, dresser, bedframe, tables, and more
- Works well on all types of floors- hardwood floors, laminate, bamboo, and even carpeted floors
- Protects your vinyl plank flooring from dents and scratches
- Won’t stain or damage for your floors
- They are long-lasting
- They are also very cheap and affordable
How to Remove Scratches on Vinyl Plank Flooring?
What if your vinyl plank flooring already has a few scratches due to heavy furniture.
Well, not to worry because you can easily get rid of these scratches.
I will show you exactly how to repair dents in vinyl plank flooring.
Since I commonly use the Old English Scratch Remover, it’s the only product I am going to recommend right now.
The Old English Scratch Remover offers the following benefits;
- It hides those unsightly scratches, dents, and nicks on your vinyl plank flooring and any other type of wood flooring
- It helps to restore wood surfaces, giving them a fresh and restoring touch
- It creates a protective shield, making your flooring less prone to damage
- It provides a long-lasting scratch cover
- It’s an excellent choice if you have dogs and cats that are notorious scratchers
To use this product, simply apply it on the scratched surface on your vinyl floor.
Make sure to apply an adequate amount that will fully cover the scratches.
The Old English scratch remover penetrates really well and will cover minor scratches really well.
After the scratch remover has dried, you can use a furniture polish of your choice as finish.
NB: The Old English Scratch remover is only ideal for covering minor scratches on your flooring surface. It wont fill in deep scratches.
Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?- Bottom Line
Heavy furniture will certainly dent your vinyl plank flooring.
To be on the safe side, use the X-PROTECTOR Furniture Felt Pads to protect your expensive flooring against scratches, dents, and nicks.
I know too well how scratches can make your floor look all messy, not to mention making it more prone to water damage.
Hopefully, you’ve now learned how to protect your vinyl plank flooring from dents and scratches.