Does engineered wood flooring scratch easily?
Is engineered hardwood scratch resistant?
This is a question that a lot of homeowners who have installed engineered wood flooring constantly ask.
Well, I am going to be outright honest with you.
An engineered wood flooring scratches and dents just like solid hardwood flooring.
Don’t get me wrong though;
Engineered wood flooring has remarkable durability. When compared to other types of wood flooring, it lasts quite long and will stay in shape even in high traffic surfaces.
Additionally, it tolerates moisture without showing any signs of damage or warping.
If you’re a dog owner, you can expect to see scratches and abrasions on your flooring overtime.
Also see: Can You Use Old English on Wood Floors?
How Do You Get Scratches Out Of Engineered Hardwood Floors?
The good news is that you can easily fix the scratches on your engineered wood flooring with one of the best scratch removers;
Also Read; Can You Use Old English on Wood Floors?
Why Do I Recommend the Old English Scratch Remover Engineered Wood Flooring
The Old English Scratch Remover doesn’t just hide those unsightly scratches and nicks on your engineered wood flooring.
It also helps to restore the damaged floor, giving it a new enhanced look.
This scratch remover is currently one of the best-selling on Amazon and has an incredibly large amount of positive customer reviews.
Without further ado, I will list down the many benefits of using the Old English Scratch remover on your engineered hardwood flooring.
- It hides light scratches and nicks on your floor. NB: It won’t fill in deep scratches- it just covers them. For deeper scratches, you can use a high-quality wood marker It does a great job filling in those ugly deep scratches
- It adds a restoring touch to your engineered wood flooring
- It helps preserve the natural beauty of your wood flooring
- The more you use it, the more permanent it becomes- just give it more time to penetrated deep into your flooring
- It’s an excellent wood flooring and wood furniture conditioner
- It works really well on all types of wood floors, including laminate, hardwood, and bamboo flooring
- It creates a protective shield on your engineered wood flooring. Since dents can allow moisture and water to penetrate, this formula adds a protective layer that makes it impenetrable not only by moisture, but also dirt
- It works so well that in the event your pet scratches the same surface again, it just won’t crack
- Old English is available in two stains- light woods and dark woods
- Its conveniently offered in both spray and oil formulas
- The spray formula is an excellent choice if you want to cover large surfaces
- It’s a multi-purpose formula that you can use to cover scratches on practically any type of wood surface
- Its available in a Lemon Oil formula that leaves your floor smelling clean and fresh
- With this formula, you no longer have to worry about your dogs running around and scratching your floor. Fixing scratches has never been this easy
- You don’t have to give away your pets or keep them outside to keep your floor safe. Old English has got you covered!
- This formula is quite cheap and affordable
- To give your engineered hardwood flooring an even better finish after covering the scratches, the manufacturer recommends using the Old English Oil or Aerosol to nicely polish it
How Do I Keep My Dog from Scratching my Engineered Hardwood Flooring?
The scraping of claws on your beautiful and shiny hardwood floor makes you cringe. I cringe too at the slightest sound of it.
The kind of damage caused by our furry friends can be extremely expensive.
But what can we do?
Don’t we love them just a little bit too much that we can’t just live without them?
So what do we do about our floors?
Do we simply accept the fact that our dogs are more important than our floors?
Of course not!
Like they say, “Prevention is Better than Cure.”
In our case, what we need to do is prevent these scratches from occurring in the first place.
And I’ve got just the perfect solutions for you.
Also Read; Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Flooring
1.Buy Your Little Doggie Some Boots
Dog boots don’t just prevent your dog’s claws from scratching your wood floor.
They also help protect their paws from the elements, in addition to preventing them from slipping on your floors.
There are countless dog boots in the market right now but I would like to recommend the QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dog.
These dog boots are just awesome.
I got two pairs for my Labrador Retriever and I’ve never been happier.
Here are some of the reasons why I am recommending them;
- The fact that they cover your dog’s claws means you will no longer have to deal with scratches on your wood flooring
- You will never have to worry them scratching and damaging your expensive carpets and rugs
- These boots are quite tough and provide excellent stability and traction, thus preventing your dog from slipping on your slippery floors and stairs
- These dog boots protect your dog’s paws from the scorching heat in the summer
- They keep your dog’s paws warm and super comfortable during cold winters
- They are completely waterproof so your furry friend’s paws will remain clean and dry in rainy days
- The soles are quite tough and thus protect your dog’s paws from getting hurt while walking on rough surfaces
- They are extremely easy to put on and provide a snug fit
- They are quite cheap and affordable
- They help you save money that you would have otherwise used to fix dents and scratches on your engineered wood flooring
2.Get Your Dog Some Nail Caps
Covering your dog and cat with some thin nail caps is a great way to protect your engineered hardwood flooring and other types of floors scratches and dents.
In addition to dog boots, nail caps are the perfect solution to destructive scratching from dogs and cats.
I recommend the Soft Claws Canine Nail Caps for these reasons;
- They are easy to apply on your dog or cat
- They are quite long-lasting- between 4-6 weeks
- A single pack contains up to 40 nail caps
- Included is an adhesive that keeps these nail sheaths in place
- They also offer an easy way to protect your furniture from scratches
- They are a great add-on to professional nail care
- They are only available in natural color- no weird colors that will make your dog’s paws look weird
- They come in a variety of sizes, including Extra-Large for dogs with a weight capacity between 20-40 pounds
- They are cheap and affordable for any dog/cat owner
3.Trim your Dog/Cat’s Nails
Overgrown nails are the only real reason why your dog or cat is a nightmare for your engineered hardwood floor.
In fact, long nails are not only bad for your floor, but can also pose a great risk for you and your family.
A single scratch can cause a serious injury.
And let’s not even mention the damage these nails can cause your carpets, upholstery, and even clothes.
Trimming your pets nails is an important part of grooming, but it’s also a great way to protect your floors from scratches.
Get your dog the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder which is an electric pet nail trimmer that delivers painless and most comfortable paws grooming.
This nail grinder doesn’t just trim your dog’s nails quickly and painlessly, but it also reduces the risks that come with over-clipping.
If this nail grinder is not a viable option for you, you can go with a traditional dog nail clipper like the BOSHEL Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer with Safety Guard.
Does Engineered Wood Flooring Scratch Easily?- Conclusion
It does scratch, but you don’t need to think too much about them as long as you’ve got the Old English Scratch Remover.
But then, you can always prevent these scratches before they even occur.
I have provided a few tips on how to prevent your dogs from scratching your floors and that includes getting them some dog booties, some nail caps, and of course, keeping their nails short all the time.
I know how stressful it can be seeing your expensive engineered hardwood flooring looking all messy and damaged.
Believe me, I understand.
So go ahead and protect your engineered wood flooring from scratches and keep it looking great!