Do you need a rug pad with a jute rug?
The simple answer is yes, you need a rug pad with a jute rug.
Like any other rug that has not been labeled specifically as “non-slip”, a jute rug can be a little bit slippery especially on hardwood floors, laminate floors, vinyl floors, bamboo floors, tile floors, and even on concrete.
Placing a rug pad is the only sure way to keep jute rugs in place (jute rugs are super slippery and therefore tend to move a lot) and prevent accidental slips.
There are different types of rug pads you can place under your beautiful rug but I personally prefer the felt variety.
If you’re looking for the best rug pad for your jute rug, you can never go wrong with the Mohawk Home Felt Rubber All Surface Non-Slip Rug Pad.
NB: If you’re wondering whether your jute rug will scratch your hardwood floors, the simple answer is no. Jute rugs seem rough but the truth is, they are not rough enough to create scratches on your hard floors the way your pets would. So basically, the only reason you should place a rug pad underneath it is to prevent slipping.
Do You Need a Rug Pad with a Jute Rug?
Why Do I Recommend the Mohawk Home Felt Rubber All Surface Non-Slip Rug Pad?
- Its slip-resistant which means it does not pose any accidental slipping hazards in your home
- It’s extremely dense which adds some cushioning to your jute rug, thus adding a layer of comfort between your feet and the hard floor surface beneath
- It’s a TWO-SIDED rug pad with the fiber side designed for gripping rug backing while the rubber side sticks firmly to hard surfaces without leaving any stains or residue
- Its constructed with 100% felt rubber which is not only non-slip, but it’s also tough and durable
- It won’t scratch or stain your floors like some other cheap rubber rug pads. It’s perfectly safe for use on any floor
- It actually increases the lifespan of your floors by adding a layer of protection between your jute rug and the floor
- In addition to increasing the lifespan of your floors, this rug pad will also preserve the life of your jute rug or any other type of area rug. This is because it acts as a protective shield from foot traffic for your rug
- The rug pads itself is strong and therefore able to withstand normal wear and tear. Since it’s well covered by the rug, it’s well protected from the elements and daily foot traffic. It will serve you for a very long time
- It’s perfectly safe for pets and kids. Since it adds a little more cushion to your jute rug, your pets will love playing or taking naps on your rug. Your jute rug will also become a safe and comfortable playmat for your kids thanks to the Mohawk Home rug pad.
- It’s easy to size- you can easily trim it with scissors in order to match the exact size and shape of your jute rug.
- Your cat will love scratching it- don’t worry, the fibres won’t become loose from this scratching- they hold up pretty well
- Its compatible with all types of floors and carpets too
- It helps prevent rugs or carpets from curling on the edges
- Its budget-friendly and a great value for money
- It’s made in the USA- quality guaranteed
NB: Mohawk sells both square and round rug pads. So whichever shape your jute rug is, it will be much easier if you choose a shape that corresponds to it as this will ensure a perfect fit.
How Much Does the Mohawk Home Rug Pad Cost and Where to Buy?
The Mohawk Home Rug Pad is currently one of the best-selling rug pads on amazon right now.
This is not surprising as it’s also one of the most durable non-slip rug pads in the market.
As an added bonus, it’s one of the few rug pads that won’t stain or discolor your wood floors or carpets.
The good news is that you can get it at a really affordable price on Amazon.
Amazon is one of the best and most trusted online retailers and I recommend you purchase this rug pad there.
By doing so, you’re purchasing a genuine rug pad directly from the manufacturer. So you don’t have to worry about purchasing a cheap knock off.
Amazon also sells it at an affordable price compared to most retailers.
Is the Mohawk Rug Pad Really Worth It?
It’s totally worth it considering you’re not exactly buying it for aesthetics purposes but for safety reasons.
Jute rugs are known to be slippery especially on hardwood floors, laminate floors, concrete floors, tile floors, and generally, most types of floors.
And since they do not have a pure rubber backing, they can quickly become a dangerous slipping hazard.
They are even more dangerous to children, the elderly, and pets.
Although you can keep them in place with furniture, they still pose a significant hazard.
It’s therefore important that you install one for your safety and the safety of your family.
If you’re not yet convinced, Click Here to Customer Reviews on Amazon so you can learn about all the good things people who have bought it have to say.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Will Jute Rugs Scratch Hardwood Floors?
No, your jute rug will not scratch your hardwood floors.
Although these rugs may appear rough, they are actually soft and therefore won’t scratch off your hardwood floors or the finish on it.
In other words, jute rugs are perfectly safe on hardwood floors.
2.Does a Jute Rug Require a Pad?
Definitely. A rug pad is necessary if you want to make your beautiful jute rug less slippery.
3. Do Jute Rugs Hold Up?
Jute is one of the strongest natural fibers and is therefore perfectly capable of holding up to a lot of wear and tear.
However, when exposed to water or basically damp conditions for a prolonged period of time, jute rugs can easily wear and tear.
Exposure to hard chemicals can also quickly break down these strong fibers.
When dirty, a simple vacuuming will help remove the dust, dirt, and even hairs that have been trapped in between the weaving of this rug.
Vacuuming will not break the fibers.
4. Should Rug Pad be Same Size as Rug?
A rug pad should be slightly smaller in size compared to the actual size of your rug.
There is a reason for this;
You see, if the rug pad is bigger or the same size as the area rug, the rug may end up curling at the edges with constant foot traffic.
An area rug with curled edges poses a great tripping hazard especially to members of the family who wear heels.
The rug may also end up fraying at the edges as it’s walked on on a regular basis.
To avoid all this, a rug pad must be smaller in size than the area rug.
This allows the rug’s edges to taper to the floor and therefore reduces the risk of tripping.
High quality rug pads like Mohawk Home Rug Pad come in various sizes and shapes.
All you have to do is select a size that matches that of your rug.
In case you buy a bigger rug pad, you can easily trim it down to a size that best fits your area rug.
Do You Need a Rug Pad with a Jute Rug?- Bottom Line
You definitely need a rug pad with a jute rug. It not only helps make your jute rug less slippery- it also increases comfort, reduces wear and tear on your rug and most important, it protects your floors.
The Mohawk Home Non-Slip Rug Pad is one of the best rug pads for jute rugs. It’s durable, affordable, and most importantly, non-slip.