Do small dogs scratch hardwood floors?
Well, the simple answer is yes.
Little dogs are perfectly capable of ruining your hardwood floors as big dogs do.
Right before renovating the tiled house I am currently living in, I badly wanted hardwood floors.
However, the thought of my then small Labrador retriever leaving unsightly scratches all over was overwhelming.
Of course, I wasn’t going to kick my little friend out..lol.
I knew I had to quickly find a solution.
And I did.
My Labrador has been wearing doggie boots and on several occasions, nail caps and I can confidently tell you that my beautiful hardwood floor doesn’t have a single scratch.
And of course, I regularly trim his nail not just for grooming purposes, but to protect my floor.
In this article, I am going to recommend three items that will prevent your small dog from scratching your beautiful and elegant hardwood floor.
Do Small Dogs Scratch Hardwood Floors?
Which Do I Recommend to Prevent your Small Dog from Scratching your Hardwood Floor?
I am going to tell you every single thing I absolutely love about these items;
Also Read; Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Why Do I Recommend the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Electric Rechargeable Pet Nail Trimmer
The Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder is an electric rechargeable pet nail grinder that delivers the most comfortable and safest nail grinding for your dog.
I absolutely love how fast I am able to reduce the size of my dog’s nails and most importantly, it reduces the risk of injury.
Here is a list of all the things you’ll love about the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder;
- It provides a fast and easy way to grind your dog’s nails
- It also offers a safe way to reduce the size of your dog’s nails- not accidental cuts whatsoever. It’s perfectly safe
- It comes with three ports to match smaller, medium-sized, and larger dogs
- Its rechargeable and portable
- It supports low-high speed that is powerful enough to support heavy grinding
- It produces very low vibration while in operation, so it’s generally quiet and won’t spook your little dog
- It’s pretty lightweight and its ergonomic design allows you to handle it with either your left or right hand
- It’s completely safe to use as it reduces the risk that comes with over-clipping
- The grinder is also easy to clean and maintain
Precaution: If yours is a long-haired dog, make sure you push the hair away before using the grinder. This will prevent the hair from tangling
Where to Buy the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder?
I recommend buying the Casful Dog Nail Grinder on Amazon.
Its currently one of the best-selling dog nail grinders on Amazon and you can verify this by checking out the high number of positive reviews and a high rating.
I bought mine on Amazon because its way cheaper there.
Additionally, Amazon sells lots of other dog stuff so it’s pretty convenient.
Does the Casfuy Dog Nail Grinder Really Work?
Yes it does.
This nail grinder is absolutely amazing.
I especially love the fact that it reduces the risk of overclipping.
I once injured my Labrador while clipping his nails and it was a horrible experience.
I felt really bad for the pain I caused him.
This grinder completely eliminates that risk, that’s why it’s totally worth it.
But don’t take my word for it.
A lot of dog owners have a lot of good things to say about it.
Why Do I Recommend the QUMY Dog Boots Waterproof Shoes for Dogs?
I bought these dog boots for my Labrador a few years ago and it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
In addition to trimming my dog’s nails on a regular basis, I always make sure that he wears these little booties while in the house.
They’ve saved me a tremendous headache and even saved me money given that my hardwood floor is completely free from unsightly scratches.
I absolutely love them and my doggie loves them too as they are pretty comfortable to wear.
Plus he no longer fears sliding while walking or playing on my hardwood floor.
So it’s a win-win for both of us!
Here is a list of all the things you’ll love about the QUMY Dog Boots;
- These boots prevent your dog from scratching your wood floors
- They also protect your carpet from damage due to scratching by your dog’s nails
- They are non-slip so they keep your dog from slipping on your floors or stairs
- They are also waterproof- they keep your dog’s paws warm and dry
- The protect your dog’s paws from getting muddy, dusty, or wet from walking in the rain or snow
- They protect your dog’s paws from injury while walking on rough surfaces like sidewalks, asphalt, and even on grass
- Thanks to their rugged design and anti-slip sole, these dog booties provide excellent stability and traction so he can walk comfortable without slipping
- They are easy to wear and very comfortable
- They are great for winter so as to keep your dog warm
- They are made to last- they won’t wear out quickly
- They have a beautiful design
- They are available in various colors
- They are also available in various sizes
- They are quite cheap and affordable
Where to Buy the QUMY Dog Boots?
You can get these dog boots on Amazon.
I got mine on Amazon as well and I can assure you that these will save you money in the long term.
Amazon sells them for cheap plus buying them there is pretty convenient since you can get your furry friend a few more items.
Also Read; Are Waterhog Mats Safe for Hardwood Floors?
Why Do I Recommend the Soft Claws Canine Nail Caps – 40 Nail Caps?
I sometimes remove my dog’s booties you know, to give his feet some breathing space.
When I do so, I usually put these nail caps onto his claws.
I told you;
I don’t take any chances with my hardwood floor.
These nail caps are easy to put on and they do a great job protecting my hardwood floors and carpet as well.
Below is a list of all the things I love about the Soft Claws Canine Nail Caps;
- They are comfortable for your dog to wear
- They are completely safe to wear
- They won’t interfere with your dog’s normal behavior
- They help protect your hardwood floors, carpets, and other types of floors from scratches
- The come in different sizes- from small to large
- They come in the XX-large size for larger dogs
- They protect your skin from scratches as well
- They also protect your upholstery and furniture from scratches as well
- Lots of great customer reviews on Amazon
Where to Buy the Soft Claws Canine Nail Caps?
These nail caps are available on Amazon at a very affordable cost.
The entire package contains a whopping 40 nail caps.
For the price, these nail caps offer great value for your money.
Do Small Dogs Scratch Hardwood Floors?- Bottom Line
Small does will definitely ruin your hardwood floors.
Don’t assume that their nails are not sharp enough.
They certainly are and will scratch and tear anything they get their little paws on.
Protect your elegant hardwood floors by trimming your dog’s nails, making them wear dog booties or even nail caps.
You’ll never again have to deal with unsightly scratches on your floors or even carpet.