Can you put a mini fridge on carpet?
You’ve been probably asking yourself this question over and over again.
Or you’ve probably heard from several people that it’s never a good idea. But is this true?
Is it safe to put a mini fridge on the carpet?
Well, the simple answer is YES.
You can put a mini fridge on carpet.
However, you cannot place a mini fridge DIRECTLY on the carpet.
I recommend using a high-quality and mobile roller like the SPACECARE Mobile Roller .
I am also going to recommend the Refetone Indoor Mat.
I am going to discuss the benefits of using each one of these items on your mini fridge shortly;
Also read; How to Secure Area Rug on Top of Carpet
Can You Put Mini Fridge on Carpet?
Why Should I Avoid Placing my Mini Fridge on Carpet?
There are two main reasons why your mini fridge should not get into contact with your carpet;
- To avoid overheating and damage of the fridge’s compressor
- To prevent the carpet from rotting and molding due to a leaky fridge
1.To Avoid Overheating and Damage of the Fridge’s Compressor
You see, a carpet obstructs airflow into the fridge’s condenser. The condenser is usually located at the bottom of the fridge.
Once the ventilation system is obstructed by the carpet, it causes the condenser to stop working properly.
The condenser may even stop functioning completely.
Additionally, given the fact that a carpet generally retains heat, it results in high temperature while causing the compressor to work for longer periods of time than usual.
The result is a damaged compressor and a hike in your electricity bills.
2.To Prevent the Carpet from Rotting and Molding due to a Leaky Fridge
Another reason why you should avoid placing your fridge directly on the carpet is to avoid the carpet from getting wet.
In case of a prolonged power outage, your small fridge will leak a lot of water.
Obviously, this water will soak your carpet wet.
If left wet for too long, you’ll start dealing with mold, mildew, and nasty odors.
I know you understand how mold can quickly become a health hazard for you and your family.
Even worse, water seeping into your carpet can cause it to discolor, not to mention cause it to wear and tear sooner.
If every single inch of your home is carpeted or are living in a small apartment and dorm and have nowhere else to place it, I have just the perfect solution for you.
The simple solution is placing something underneath the fridge.
This brings us to the next question;
Also Read; Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Flooring
What Can You Put Under a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
I am going to recommend two things that you can put a mini fridge your carpet;
- The SPACECARE Mobile Roller with 4 Locking Wheels
- Refetone Indoor Mat
Why Do I Recommend the SPACECARE Mobile Roller with 4 Locking Wheels?
I have already explained to you why it’s such a bad idea to place your mini fridge on the carpet.
Now I am going to tell you why you should consider using this beautiful and sturdy mobile roller;
The SPACECARE Mobile roller is a universal mobile roller that is typically used for the bottom of appliances like refrigerators or mini fridges, portable washing machines, washers and dryers, and other appliances.
It allows your mini fridge to sit on top of 4 rubber swivel locking wheels.
Its main job is to allow you to move your mini fridge across any flooring and with little effort.
However, that’s not the only purpose of this mobile roller.
The SPACECARE Mobile Roller elevates your mini fridge so that it doesn’t come into contact with your carpet.
In other words, with this beautiful mobile roller, you can safely place your mini fridge on the carpet without having to worry about your compressor getting damaged or your carpet getting wet and moldy.
A few years ago, I bought three of these mobile rollers for my small portable washing machine, chest freezer, as well as fridge.
I can only tell you that this is the best decision I’ve ever made.
Also read; Can You Use Fabuloso on Carpet?
Things I Love About the SPACECARE Mobile Roller
- This mobile roller elevates your mini fridge above your carpet. This prevents the fridge from coming into contact with the carpet
- It leaves does not obstruct the cooling system of your mini fridge, allowing the compressor to function properly
- It allows you to effortlessly roll your stocked mini fridge on your carpet
- The wheels lock in place to avoid unnecessary movements across the carpet and for safety purposes
- You can easily adjust this roller to fit the size of your mini fridge- can be adjusted from 18-1/2 inches to 27-3/5 inches
- It’s very easy to assemble- the instructions are pretty much self-explanatory
- It’s a universal mobile roller that can be used to move heavy appliances or even furniture from one place to another
- It won’t slide across other smooth floors as long as the wheels are locked in place
- Its sturdy and durable- it will last many years
- It’s extremely sturdy that it won’t collapse. Just ensure that the appliance you put on it does not exceed 300lbs as recommended by the manufacturer
- It won’t rust even when exposed to moisture or water
- It’s quite affordable
NB: This roller only solves the issue of overheating which in turn causes the compressor to stop working properly. It does not solve the issue of the carpet getting wet as a result of leaks from the door of the mini fridge. That’s why I am also recommending the Refetone Indoor Doormat
Where to Buy the SPACECARE Mobile Roller?
I totally recommend purchasing this roller directly on Amazon.
It’s a little bit cheaper here plus if not convinced, you can read its numerous positive customer reviews.
Why Do I Recommend Refetone Indoor Doormat?
Together with the SPACECARE Mobile Roller, the Refetone Indoor Mat can protect your expensive carpet by absorbing any spills from your mini fridge.
You can either choose to place it under the fridge or right in front of the fridge.
Since it’s a pretty big mat, I totally recommend place it in front of your mini fridge.
Of course, you’ll have the minfridge placed on top of the SPACECARE Mobile Roller.
Things I Love About the Refetone Indoor Doormat
- It’s extremely absorbent- it will quickly absorb and hold spills from your mini fridge. It will thus prevent water from seeping into your carpet
- It dries very quickly. It will thus keep your carpet completely clean and dry
- It lasts very long
- By placing this rug over the carpet and under the SPACECARE Mobile roller, you’re protecting your carpet from the wheels of this roller
- The rug is non-slip thanks to its gripper non-skid backing
- It’s a low profile rug with overlocked edges that will easily glide under your mini fridge door
- Its typically designed as a doormat, but since its multipurpose, you can use it comfortably to prevent spills on your carpet and other floors
- You can use it on any type of floor
- It’s easy to clean and maintain
- To remove the rug for cleaning, simply roll over the mini fridge on the carpet
- It’s cheap and affordable
Where to Buy the Refetone Indoor Mat?
I recommend purchasing this mat on Amazon since its cheaper and a lot of people have lots of good things to say about it there.
Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?- Bottom Line
Installing a carpet is one of the most expensive affairs when it comes to home improvement.
Even a single ruined patch on the carpet can have some major issues.
If you’ve recently bought a mini fridge but you just can’t find any space that is not carpeted, use the two solutions I’ve suggested.
They will not only protect your carpet and fridge, but they will also prolong the lives of both items.
So go ahead and place your mini fridge on the carpet without any worries!