Which bathroom rugs are safe for vinyl floors?
Well, this is a question that a lot of homeowners who have installed vinyl plank flooring often ask.
I am going to recommend a bathroom rug that is completely safe for your vinyl floors.
In other words, this is a rug that won’t discolor your beautiful vinyl floors nor will it pose a slipping hazard for you and your family. Unlike most bathroom rugs with rubber backings that require a felt rug pad underneath, you won’t need one with this rug.
I am talking about one of the best-selling bathroom rugs on Amazon, the Yimobra Original Luxury Non-Slip Machine Washable Shaggy Bath Mat.
Bathroom Rugs for Vinyl Flooring
Why Do I Recommend the Yimobra Non-Slip Shaggy Bath Mat?
Have you ever used a rubber-backed rug on your bathroom or kitchen and after sometime, you noticed some yellow spots right underneath it?
And no matter how hard you try to wash it off, it just won’t go away?
Well, I will I am going to tell you exactly what happened.
Rubber-backed rugs often undergo a chemical reaction when placed on top of vinyl plank flooring and other types of floors.
The gases from the released chemicals are then trapped beneath the rug, thus discoloring your flooring.
I know from experience that rubber-backed rugs are never a good idea for vinyl floors, especially if they are to be used on bathrooms. A lot of people usually end up purchasing a felt rug pad to prevent the discoloration.
The Yimobra Non-Slip Shaggy Bath Mat is a high-quality mat won’t stain your vinyl tiles for one reason.
“It only features an Hot Melt Adhesive Bottom that protects your vinyl flooring from discoloration while making this rug completely non-slip.”
I am going to list down all the safety benefits of this mat on your vinyl plank flooring and even more reasons why it’s the perfect bathroom rug;
Things You’ll Love About the Yimobra Non-Slip Shaggy Bath Mat
- The rug does not have a rubber-backing and therefore won’t stain or damage your beautiful vinyl floors. You don’t need to install a rug pad
- It’s incredibly soft and comfortable
- It provides great support for your feet as well
- The rug is non-slip, which means it won’t slip or slide on your vinyl flooring. This makes it completely safe for vinyl floors
- It has excellent absorbency and thus prevents water from lingering on its surface
- The plush mat consists of microfibers which perfectly conform to the shape of your foot, allowing it to disperse foot pressure
- It’s an ideal choice for people with sensitive feet
- Its thicker and better constructed compared to most bathroom rugs
- The adhesive backing at the bottom of this rug makes it not only durable, but also foldable so you can simply fold it up and put it in a washing machine
- It’s also machine washable and will hold up to multiple machine washes without wearing down
- Its available in multiple colors- simply choose the color that excites you the most or one that matches your bathroom decor
- The rug is also available in different sizes. Make sure you select a rug that is big enough to cover the bathroom area
- It’s a multipurpose rug- place it anywhere in the house where support and warm is much needed
- It’s perfect for bathrooms, master bathroom, vanity vacation home, guest suit, and even kids bathroom
- The rugs is extremely easy to clean and maintain
- The color remains vibrant no matter how many times its washed
- It also dries pretty quickly- the bottom of this run won’t remain damp
- It’s mold-resistant- this rug has passed the anti-mold test. Since it dries pretty quickly, there is no breeding ground for mold growth. Make sure you clean and dry it properly on a regular basis
- Its portable and very easy to store
- Its constructed with 100 percent luxury chenille which is a polyester fiber that is soft, feels comfortable, and is incredibly durable
- Its safe for all types of floors-hardwood floors, laminate floors, bamboo floors, carpets, and even under an area rug
- The rug is cheap and affordable
How Much Does the Yimbora Bathroom Rug Cost?
The Yimbora bathroom rug is reasonably priced for such a high-quality and long-lasting rug.
You’ll certainly get it at an affordable price on Amazon.
Things you May Not Like About the Yimbora Bathroom Rug
Well, I haven’t heard any serious complaints about this bath rug.
Perhaps the only disadvantage is that you can’t really find it locally. You can only purchase it online, particular on Amazon.
The good news is that ordering it from Amazon is way cheaper plus it saves you time and money.
Can this Bathroom Rug Go in the Washing Machine?
Like I stated earlier, this bathroom rug is machine washable.
However, please keep in mind that you can only wash it with the cold setting on and with a gentle detergent.
Avoid using bleach on this rug at all costs
To dry the rug, simply hang it outside to air dry or tumble dry on the lowest setting.
How Often Should I Wash this Bathroom Rug?
A good rule of thumb is to wash this rug at least once a week.
However, if your household shares one bathroom between several people, it’s advisable to wash it every 3 to 5 days.
You might want to purchase two mats so you can use one while cleaning the other.
How Do I Keep my Bathroom Rug from Molding?
Due to constant exposure to water, mold can quickly grow on your rug.
Mold on your bathroom rug doesn’t just discolor it and accelerate rotting, it’s also dangerous for your health and the health of your family.
The good news is that the Yimbora Bathroom Rug is mold-resistant. It’s also a mildew resistant bathroom rug.
This simply means that chances of your rug having mold are minimal.
However, the manufacturer recommends washing them regularly and ensuring they are completely dry before using them.
Is the Yimbora Bathroom Rug Really Safe for your Vinyl Floors?
There is no doubt about it and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
Like I explained earlier, the Yimbora Bathroom rug does not have a rug backing.
Rubber-backed rugs can discolor your luxury vinyl flooring when it reacts with your bathroom floor.
Given how expensive it can be to fix or replace your vinyl floor, it’s highly advisable that you use a bathroom rug with no rubber backing, just like the Yimbora bathroom rug.
Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Floors- Bottom Line
Placing a non-rubber backed bathroom rug on your vinyl floor is a great way to prevent discoloration and damage that may or may not be reversible.
Most of the bathroom rugs in the market are rubber backed and therefore unsafe for your beautiful vinyl floors. Unless you’re going to place a rug pad underneath it, then avoid them at all cost.
The good news is that a high-quality and durable bathroom mat like the Yimbora Shaggy Non-Slip Bathroom Rug can totally protect your floors while giving your feet ultimate comfort.
I have explained every single detail you would like to know about this rug.
It’s a great rug and definitely a great value for your money.