Are WaterHog mats safe for hardwood floors?
Well, I am going to be straightforward about this.
WaterHog mats are completely safe for hardwood floors and practically any other type of floor.
As you probably already know, prolonged exposure to moisture and the incorrect use of rug backing are two things that can severely damage your beautiful hardwood floors.
A lot of people end up buying rug backings that are not safe for hardwood floors and the damage is always paramount.
I perfectly understand that you would go to any length to protect your hardwood floors.
This is why I am going to recommend one of the best WaterHog mats that won’t ruin your hardwood flooring.
Are WaterHog Mats Safe for Hardwood Floors?
Yes, they are absolutely safe for your hardwood floors.
Which WaterHog Mat Do I Recommend that is Safe for Hardwood Floors?
I have seen a lot of people praising this WaterHog mat for so many reasons.
One of them is that it does not cause any damage on wood floors at all.
In addition to keeping your wood floors safe, the M+A Matting WaterHog Floor Mat has many other advantages;
- This mat won’t damage or stain your hardwood floors. Its stain-resistant and easily traps dirt and moisture below foot level
- It dries pretty quickly thanks to its polypropylene construction, thus preventing it from rotting
- It does not fade even after prolonged exposure to the sun as its made with solution-dyed PET fabric
- By adding a protective shield, this mat prolongs the life of your hardwood floor
- This Waterhog mat can hold up to one and a half gallon of water per square yard. This ensures that all the water and dirt stays right inside the mat and won’t spill on your hardwood floor. This helps keep your hardwood floor clean and dry
- You can place it on your kitchen floor as an anti-fatigue mat. It provides exceptional comfort while reducing any discomfort and fatigue you may experience while working in the kitchen
- Its chemical and grease/oil-resistant
- It will serve you for many years thanks to its sturdy and durable nitrile construction- you won’t need a replacement for years to come
- This Waterhog mat stays clean always thanks to its molded tread surface cleats that effectively scrape all tough dirt and grime from shoes. This makes it ideal for outdoors and as an entry mat
- The mat has a rubber reinforce that allows water to wicked to the bottom of the mat away from foot traffic
- Thanks to its ability to keep water in the mat and off your hardwood floor, this incredible mat minimizes slip hazards
- It’s also slip-resistant thanks to its tough mat surface
- It is not adversely affected by salt or ice melt
- It has a very attractive fashion border that makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- It’s ideal for use on any floor
- Use it in the kitchen, home office, office, computer rooms, around electronics, and any other place
- It’s both cheap and affordable, and of course, a great value for money considering it keeps your hardwood floor safe
NB: Avoid exposing this mat to animal fats and petroleum products as it may become damaged
Where Can I Buy WaterHog Mats?
You can buy this WaterHog mats and other types of WaterHog mats on Amazon.
To buy this particular mat, Click Here to View its Current Price on Amazon.
I recommend purchasing it directly on Amazon as it’s quite affordable there.
Plus if you want a little bit more convincing that it’s actually a great mat for your hardwood floor, you can read its many positive customer reviews on Amazon.
Where are WaterHog Mats Made?
You will be happy to know that all WaterHog mats are proudly made in the United States.
It’s a well known fact that a majority of US-made products are long-lasting and show excellent performance.
WaterHog mats are a clear depiction of this.
Also Read; Bathroom Rugs Safe for Vinyl Flooring
How to Clean a WaterHog Mat?
WaterHog mats are not too much of a hassle to clean.
Simple vacuuming will suck any dirt and debris that has been scraped by this mat.
You can also simply shake the mat to remove any fine particles and dust.
However, if there is some stuck mud and debris, you will need to give it a thorough deep cleaning.
An ideal method for deep cleaning this mat is by using the steam extraction method.
To clean dry and crusty salt stains, simply soak the mat in hot water with a neutral soap solution for at least 30 minutes.
To remove stains on your WaterHog mat, using a carpet spotting solution like the popular Nature’s Miracle Deep Cleaning Pet Stain and Odor Carpet Shampoo.
What Type of Flooring are WaterHog Mats Designed for?
You can place a Waterhog mat on typically any type of flooring.
From hardwood flooring, engineered wood flooring, laminate flooring to bamboo flooring.
These mats won’t just protect your floors, but they are also non-slip so they are able to eliminate any slipping dangers.
They are safe for your pets as well. They will protect your wood flooring from pet scratches.
Also Read; Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?
What WaterHog Mat Sizes and Colors are Available?
WaterHog mats are available in a wide range of sizes.
From small kitchen mats to super large entry mats.
Amazon sells these mats in various sizes.
Make sure you measure the surface you want it placed before purchasing.
As for the colors, WaterHog mats are available in a wide range of beautiful colors.
They include Charcoal, Medium Brown, EverGreen, Camel, Dark Brown, Medium Grey, and so many more.
Simply choose the color that best suits your home décor and flooring.
Are WaterHog Mats Safe for Hardwood Floors?-Bottom Line
Without a doubt, waterhog mats are completely safe for your hardwood floors.
These mats won’t stain or retain any moisture that may damage your wood floor.
They are durable and therefore a great value for money.
They are also easy to clean and maintain.
So don’t hesitate to get one for your home and I promise you will never regret it.
Also see: Waterproof Rugs for Hardwood Floors