If you’re looking for the best alternative to felt pads for chairs, then I am here to help you.
Although felt pads for chair legs do a great job protecting your floors from scratches, a lot of people find them annoying especially since they keep coming off.
Additionally, felt pads tend to wear out so fast and therefore need to be replaced often.
So I totally understand why you need a much better alternative to felt pads for your chairs.
I am going to recommend the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Chair Leg Caps.
Not only do these rubber chair leg caps protect floors and carpets, they are also quite durable.
They will last for many years to come and an added bonus is that that they are extremely cheap.
In this article, I am going to tell you exactly why you should consider getting these amazing rubber chair leg caps for your floors and carpets.
Alternative to Felt Pads for Chairs (What to Use Instead)
Why Do I Recommend the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Chair Leg Caps?
I use these rubber caps on my dining chairs and I am no longer afraid that my chairs will scratch or create dents on my hardwood floor.
Below, I have listed all the things I love about the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Chair Leg Caps;
- Since they are made of rubber, these caps will protect your hard floor surfaces from scratches and dents
- They can be used to protect any type of floor- from hardwood floors, laminate floors to engineered hardwood floors
- They work on carpets too- they will prevent wear and tear on your carpet
- They won’t leave any marks on your hardwood floors or carpet
- These caps help prevent your chairs from sliding and skidding
- They also offer complete protection on uneven floors where there may be an increased risk of falling
- They help keep your chairs and other furniture in place when in use
- They also help reduce annoying noises when the chairs are dragged across the floor or hard floor surface
- These friction-tight leg tips are quite easy to install and will quickly slide over furniture legs
- They are multi-functional chair leg caps- you can use them on any furniture- from kitchen chairs, home office chairs, study room, dining chairs and tables, living room tables, and other furniture
- They are perfect for commercial applications where low noise is crucial. These applications include classrooms, restaurants, lecture halls, hospitals, business meetings, presentations, and more
- These caps are long-lasting compared to felt caps
- They won’t come off easily as felt pads do
- Since they are sturdy and durable, you won’t need to keep replacing them on a regular basis- they will save you plenty of money in the long run
- Thanks to their rubber and plastic construction, these chair leg caps are extremely easy to clean- all you have to do is wipe them clean with a cloth
- They are available in various sizes- simply choose the most suitable size for your chairs
- They are pretty cheap
Also Read; Does Furniture Dent Vinyl Plank Flooring?
What You May Not Like About the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Chair Leg Caps
The only complaint I have about these chair leg caps is the fact that they are not available in square tips.
They are only available in circular shape.
However, you can simply choose the slightly larger circular size and it will fit perfectly on your square chair legs.
How Much Do these Chair Leg Caps Cost?
These chair leg caps are quite cheap and affordable.
You can save a few coins if you purchase them on Amazon as they are much cheaper there.
I totally guarantee that these chair caps are worth your money.
Fixing scratches and dents caused by chair legs on your hardwood floors and other floors can quickly become expensive, especially when a replacement needs to be done.
Thanks to these caps, you get to save money and a headache.
Are these Chair Leg Caps Non-Slip?
Yes. They won’t slide on your hardwood, laminate, tile, and any other type of floor.
They actually make your chairs safer to sit on even on smooth surfaces.
Do these Chair Leg Caps Prevent Chairs from Moving?
Yes they do.
As I’ve stated earlier, these caps are non-skid and non-slip.
They increase traction and stability, making your chairs less likely to slide or move around while in use.
Also Read; Can You Put a Mini Fridge on Carpet?
Are these Chair Leg Caps Safe for Hardwood Floors?
They are completely safe for your hardwood flooring.
They will protect your hardwood floors from scratches and dents.
You can use them on most household furniture to prevent scratches and dents.
Are they Really a Better Alternative to Felt Pads for Chairs?
These chair leg caps are a much better alternative to felt pads.
They don’t come off easily, won’t wear out quickly, no need to replace them often, not to mention they are easier to clean.
They offer excellent value for money.
Alternative to Felt Pads for Chairs?- Bottom Line
I understand why you no longer want felt pads on your chair legs.
I don’t like them either. They never last and keep coming off.
I find the Shepherd Hardware Rubber Chair Leg Caps a much better alternative to felt pads.
Plus they are cheaper and will protect your floors for a very long time.